Hey, everyone! I just had the most amazing day. Today was my sister’s birthday and I was on cake baking duty along with my other sister, E. After 5 long hours, lots of frosting making and fondant rolling, we finally finished.
And of course, it had to be pink because it’s her favorite color. C invited her two friends over for a sleepover. After a quick tour around the house, they sat at the table (covered with a pink table cover) and decorated pillow cases as well as flip flops with rhinestones.
While I finished up my homework, the guests watch a movie. When it was over, E and I ran around the house setting up the scavenger hunt. Each card had a clue leading to the next card. Every few cards, we were redirected to the kitchen to compete in one of the six challenges.
These were the challenges.
- Create a rainbow loom bracelet with 13 bands using only your fingers. Whoever finishes first, wins.
- Tissue box challenge: each person receives a full tissue box. With one hand behind their back, they must try to empty all of the tissues from the box first. This was really fun but also made quite a pile to clean up.
- Cotton Ball Challenge: There is one bowl filled with cotton balls and one empty bowl. The player is blindfolded and must use a spoon to spoon the cotton balls into the empty bowl which is on the player’s head.
- Oreo Taste Guess: The players are all blindfolded and given different flavors of Oreos (or any other cookie). They must try to guess the flavor of the Oreo.
- Tissue Box Shake: Take an empty tissue box and put a couple balls in it. Tie the box around yourself with the box on your back. On go, shake until all of the balls are out of the box.
- Place an Oreo on your forehead. On go, use only your face muscles to move the Oreo down to your mouth. If you drop it, you must start over.
When the scavenger hunt was over, C opened her presents and we had cake. We also enjoyed our goody bags which included lotion, a hand mirror, and a small notepad or chalkboard.
About that this time, my parents headed to bed and I turned in my homework while everyone else painted their nails. And then came the late night movie and snack fest. The girls were snuggled on the couch and E was in the corner and I sat on the chair trying so hard not to fall asleep. Around 1:00 am we headed upstairs. I was knocked out but from what I heard, C and her friends didn’t fall asleep until 4:00 am. When I woke up, C’s friends had already left and I heard some amazing words. “This was the best birthday ever.”
I had so much fun today! Special thanks to my uncle for buying me the cake set and to my sister for helping me plan and create this birthday party. Also to the birthday girl herself, because without her, I wouldn’t have had so much fun today. Here are some of the riddles. If you know the answer, comment in the box down below.
1) I get bigger when I eat, but die when I drink. What am I?
2) This machine spins food and drinks around. When it’s on, it makes a loud sound. What is it?
3) Your next clue isn’t hard, no biggie. Find it where there are clothes for your piggies.
4) Most keys open door but mine only make a sound. What am I?
5) Some take me in the morning, others take me in the evening. But one thing you should know when I’m ‘taken’ I don’t really go anywhere. What am I?