Rules For Participating In Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Attach the award to the post.
- Give a brief story on how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you nominated them and provide a link to the award post you created.
How I started my blog
I had been thinking about starting a blog for a while before I finally did start writing. It was’t until a lot of my friends started blogs that I decided it was finally time. I started Life as a Homeschooled Teen in November of 2014. It was a way for me to practice writing and I continued by adding more posts about life. And now, almost two years later, here I am. :) It’s been a fun journey and I can’t wait to see how my blog grows in the future! :)
Advice for New Bloggers
My advice for new bloggers is to make use of your about pages. For a long time, I had a general two/three sentence description of myself in my About page. It wasn’t until recently that I realized how much your about page is important. If you think about it, this page is where all of your visitors will go to find out more about you. First impression is everything. Add enough information to satisfy your readers.
The other thing I would say is to keep in mind that the number of followers that you have, it’s just a number. I know it feels great to have many followers but that number does not define you. It may take a while but they will come!
- Aria from Purrfectly Inspired
- Amber from What Makes Me Amber
- Thoughts From A Christian Cowgirl
- Cinderzena from Cinderzenablogs
- Faded Rouge
Congratulations to those nominated. I know I didn’t nominated 15 bloggers but I thought these bloggers really deserved the award. :) Be sure to check out Brittany’s blog! Have a great day!