Hey, everyone! So ever since I posted this big news post, I’ve gotten questions pertaining to homeschooling and my big switch. So I decided to create a mini-series and answer all your questions. This is part 2- 25 Things I loved about being homeschooled.
I absolutely loved being homeschooled and everything that came with it.
- You don’t have to wake up early every morning.
- But you have the option of waking up early to get everything done before 11:00 so you can have a free day.
- No school lunches – Homemade meals are the best!
- You can learn what you are actually interested in.
- Field trips to the coffee shop! Any time of the day.
- No dress code! (Although I could only wear my pjs on Fridays).
- Birthdays are holidays.
- Hot chocolate and homework in front of the fireplace? Yes, please!
- You can spend more time with family.
- There is no busy work.
- You can take naps when you really need it.
- You don’t have to rush in the mornings!
- PE = doing pilates in the comfort of your home WITHOUT the uniforms.
- Did I mention that I didn’t have school on Fridays?
- You’re not confined to a classroom.
- There’s freedom to go on fun trips in the middle of the school week.
- There’s more time to do the things you love to do.
- Homeschooling in high school gives you opportunities for great scholarships for college.
- Never getting stuck in traffic.
- Three, four, or even five-day weekends. Yes, it’s possible!
- Graduating early is totally an option.
- You can learn the way you understand.
- There are lots of opportunities to travel.
- It’s the best way to learn how to be self-motivated.
- You can do fun things like starting a blog!
Homeschooling was awesome and I absolutely loved it. If you have any questions or a suggestion for this series, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org