Happy New Year! Can you believe it’s 2017?! It’s gone by way too fast. But then again, I say that every year. You’d think I’d be used to time changing by now.
Okay, so I’m going to start off by saying I don’t like using the word “resolutions”. I feel like they should be more of goals because it doesn’t matter to me whether I meet them or not, as long as there are progress and growth.
With that “mini-rant” out of the way, here are my 2017 New Year Goals. My theme for 2017 is growth so this year I’m making goals that will hopefully help me better myself.
- Go one day without my phone. – So many times I feel like I am chained to my phone, it would be nice to be free from the noise and responsibility that a phone brings.
- Volunteer somewhere. – I’ve always wanted to volunteer at a dog shelter or someplace similar. This year is the year to do it.
- Host a party. – Parties are lots of fun. Now I have a reason to have one!
- Go to a church camp. – I haven’t been to a church camp for a couple of years. I think it’s time for me to go back to at least one church camp.
- Take a picture every day. – This is for my family as well as myself. Taking pictures is one way that I capture and remember memories. I would like to take a picture every day so that 1) I can look back on them, 2) if I miss a day of journaling, I can still remember, and 3) it grows my photography skills. Win-win.
- Journal 3 times a week. – Journaling is another way that I remember memories. Journaling every day might be a challenge so I cut it back to 3 times a week – totally manageable.
- Make a vision board. – This is something that I have always thought was cool to do.
- Continue my Psalms and Proverbs study. – I am writing my own devotional through Psalms and Proverbs. It’s fun because I am training myself to think deeply about what the Bible verses are really saying.
- Go to school Bible study 3 times this year. – I went to one Bible study at my school and it was a lot of fun. I wanted to go to more but getting up extra early on Friday morning doesn’t sound too appealing the morning of. This year will be different.
- Comment on 100 blog posts. – Last year, my goal was to comment on 50 blog posts. I didn’t want to do the same amount so I thought, ‘why not 100?’.
- Read 50 new books. – The same thing goes for this goal. Last year, my goal was to read 25 new books, which I easily finished in 2 months. With school and life in general, I wanted to pick a number that would still be realistic but not too difficult.
- Tithe monthly. – If there’s one thing that I learned in my Biblical-finance class, it’s that tithing money should be set aside first, before any spending. This year, I want to try to set aside money monthly, that way I won’t forget at the end of the year.
- Save at least $50. – With going back to school and being more social, I spent a lot more money than I wanted to last year. $50 doesn’t seem like much, but it could come in handy.
- Scrapbook. – I LOVE scrapbooking! I would love to catch up on my scrapbooking.
- Finish a quilt. – Quilting is another thing that I LOVE doing. I started quilting last year but didn’t finish that quilts that I really wanted to finish so this year, that’s my goal.
- Get my driver’s license. – I still don’t like driving, but a driver’s license would be helpful.
- Get a job. – So would a job.
- Bake a rainbow cake. – I’ve always wanted to bake a rainbow cake. They look really pretty.
- Leave a note in a book. – This one is on my bucket list.
- Take dance lessons. – Ever since I was little, I’ve wanted to dance. My mom suggested it again a week or so ago and now I have the opportunity to fulfill my childhood dream! :)
- Have a bonfire with my friends. – Bonfire + friends = lots of fun times.
- Complete 10 hours of art service. – Because I was inducted into the National Art Honor Society, I have to complete 10 hours of art-related service.
- Have a real picnic. – Picnics are always fun!
- Memorize 20 Bible verses. – It’s really important to me that I memorize Bible Scripture to remember when I am stressed, or worried, or need a big of encouragement. 20 Bible verses would take me a while to memorize but I think I can do it.
- Make 5 different cookbook meals. – My mom has been encouraging me to start learning how to cook so I figured this year is as good as any.
- Make and use a photography light box. – I’ve heard about light boxes a lot and have always wanted to try it out. This year I’m going to do it.
- Use my editorial calendar. – I started using an editorial calendar last year but I stopped using it half-way through the year because it wasn’t organized anymore. Last week, I made a new editorial calendar that is a bit neater and a lot more organized. Hopefully, it will last throughout the year.
- Start up Pilates again. – As of right now, I’m not participating in any kind of physical activity as I am really bad at them. Pilates was one of the few things that I actually enjoyed so I want to start up pilates again.
- Go camping. – Good old real-dirt camping.
- Make 25 Pinterest crafts//recipes. – There are so many things on Pinterest that I’ve wanted to try! I’m sure you can relate!
What are some of your New Year Goals? What are you looking forward to in 2017? Have a great day!