Hey, guys! Happy March! The weather outside is beautiful and I’m so ready for Spring Break! February was full of fun adventures and memories. I can’t believe it all went by so quickly!
February started off great with my birthday! I hosted a vision board party, hosting two things off of my goals list for this year. I had a lot of fun hanging out with my friends and family. Shout-out to my wonderful mother who created a huge meal of tiny sandwiches for my birthday lunch!
A couple days later, I went to watch the play from my high school! It was a lot of fun and I saw a bunch of people that I know (shout-out to M, A, M, L, and H).
On the 11th, I headed over to the park with my sister to walk around and take pictures. It was so beautiful outside and it seemed that everyone was out enjoying the weather! The light reflecting off the water took my breath away. Plus, there were so many dogs – an extra bonus! ;)
Valentines Day came and went without a mishap. My sisters and I made breakfast in bed for my mom and we each got a little bouquet of flowers from our dad. On the 16th, I spent the day writing letters and making cards for my friends and family. And the next day, I went to my first college visit – very exciting.
Then came the big mountain trip! We spent three days in the cool weather with rivers and plenty of trees to sit by. (I even made a video about it. Watch it here.) I ended up spending a lot of time writing which was really fun for me. It’s been a while since I’ve taken the time to let my dreams take shape in writing form. ;) Our short trip in the mountains was a fun one and I can’t wait to go back.
February closed with lots of flowers; flowers in my friends’ hair, flowers in vases, flowers outside, flowers everywhere! I love how such little things like flowers can brighten up the world. :)
I also tried to continue the Photo A Day Challenge this month but then I missed a day. Still, I was able to take some really pretty pictures. Here are some of my favorites. :)
Other Things I Loved
Beautiful right? How was your February? Is the weather getting warmer where you are?
Hey, everybody! How was your January? It was a great start to a new year with new goals and a new mindset. For me, January went by all too fast.
I started off January with my friends. We had an amazing time ringing in the New Year and laughing together. On the fourth, I worked on my scrapbooks! I’m so close to being finished with the last one. Then on the seventh, it snowed. It was so much fun even though the snow didn’t stay long.
Picture Creds: Sis
On the ninth, I received my business cards from Vistaprint. I was so excited and so pleased with how they turned out! And two days later, I received my Vistaprint Promobox. I totally forgot about it so it was an amazing surprise to receive in the mail. :)
Then my friends and I started a Bible study type thing for us all to memorize Bible verses together. So far we have memorized Matthew 10:28 and Philippians 4:4-8. To help me memorize my Bible verses, I started a journal. On the left page, I write the Bible verse and my initial thoughts. On the right page, I write a “React and Respond” section where I write my thoughts at the end of the week and things that I want to remember about the verses that I studied.
On the thirteenth, my friend (shout out to A) taught me the basics of video making. Then on the seventeenth, I uploaded my very first Youtube video! (3 Things You Should Know About Me) I am super excited about my Youtube channel. Ya’ll can expect some great things coming soon! Also, I’m hosting a GIVEAWAY! (More about that here.)
My school had to move the piano into the common area for an event and they decided to keep it there for a couple of days. It was wonderful hearing so many people playing songs and everyone connecting over the music.
This month I also participated in a Photo-a-day challenge. It was a lot of fun! Here are some of my favorite pictures from this month.
Other Things I Loved
- 52 Lists Project book
- 52 Lists To Happiness book
- Pinterest “tried it” button
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Sherlock Season 4
That’s all! How was your January? What are you looking forward to this February?
Hey, everyone! How are you? November flew by so quickly! But it’s December so that’s awesome! Anyway, here are some of the things I did this month and my favorite memories. :)
- Thanksgiving with the family – Thanksgiving was a couple of days ago and it was awesome! My family hosted Thanksgiving lunch/dinner. My sister baked four different desserts and my mom made a huge turkey so I have lots of lucnhes for the next week.
- Field Trip with my Photography class – This month I went on a field trip to uptown with my photography class. I had so much fun hanging out with all of my classmates and taking pictures around the city. (Here’s the post I wrote on it.)
- My writing club – I joined a writing club at my school earlier this year. I was really nervous because I don’t normally share my creative writing but the group was really kind about everything and encouraged me to continue writing.
- Hanging with my Acafam – This month I had a big acappella performance and it was awesome!
- Self Portrait project – My photography teacher challenged our class to a 21 day self portrait story. Every day we had to take a picture of ourselves that told a story of another person and how they had changed us, challenged us, taught us ect. It was really hard for me but it was a lot of fun.
- Christmas Tree Shopping! – Every year, the day after Thanksgiving, my whole family goes to by a Christmas tree and then we come home and decorate it all together. It’s one of the things that I look forward to every winter. But there was something about this year that made the special “tree-day” better than the past ones. :)
- Hobby Lobby – I stopped by Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago to pick up some things for the upcoming giveaway (!!!) and saw some really cute things! I need to go to craft stores more often.
- Ding Dong Merrily On High by Rend Collective (song)
- Jesus, Savior by Chris August (song)
- Psalm 1:1-3 – “Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither – whatever they do prospers.”
How was your November? What are you looking foward to this December? (Besides Christmas of course) I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Hey, everyone! October has (almost) ended and I couldn’t be happier because that means that we are one month closer to Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years! Yay! This month has been super busy but I have loved every little bit of it. I took some big steps and stretched myself by doing things I didn’t think I would ever do (like going to my FIRST DANCE). This month also included my 2-year blogiversary! (read more about that here)
- Blackout poetry – Blackout poetry was something that I found on Pinterest and wanted to try. It is relaxing to me somehow and I like making new things out of older ones so this is perfect.
- Getting 200 followers! – I reached 200! This makes me so happy that there are so many people that are willing to read my blog posts and take the time to listen. Many many thanks to all of you!
- My first homecoming dance! – I went to my very first dance a couple of weeks ago and I am SO glad I went! I was invited by two friends of mine to go with a bigger group to dinner the day of the dance but when the reservations were messed up, we decided to go together. We were also able to convince three more of our friends to go with us. We had a blast! My tip for your first dance: don’t make any kind of expectations beforehand. This helped me to relax and be flexible.
- Gigi’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcake – There are cookies. There are cookie doughs. And there are cupcakes. But this, this is heaven or really close to it. If there is a Gigi’s Cupcakery close to you, you NEED to try this!
- Posh Thomas Kinkade Painter Of Light Coloring Book – My grandparents gave this coloring book to me and I think it’s really cool. I like seeing the original picture with the coloring page.
- Celebrating my 2-year blogiversary! – My mother was AMAZING and cleared out her whole day just to make me a pie and decorate the kitchen for my blogiversary. (read more about my journey here)
- Sundress by Landon Austin (song)
- Alone by Marshmello (song)
- Yesterday’s Song by Hunter Hayes (song)
- 1 John 2:2 – “He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.”
How was your October? Do you have any plans for November?
Hey, everyone! Happy October! I hope your month has started off great so far! I actually have a pretty relaxed week so I’m excited. September was pretty busy for me with being back at school and all but it was great. Here are my September favorites.
- Fashion & Compassion – F&C has the most beautiful jewelry I have every seen! I found their site while working on a photography project. I love their photography and their products. Be sure to check out the Fashion & Compassion website here and their instagram here.
- Bujos – I started my bullet journal way back in May but the layouts that I made for September were my favorite so far.
- Locker shelves – I have a textbook in evry one of my seven classes at school so being able to put my books in a locker is such a blessing for me!
- Candy corn – As I’ve mentioned before, candy corn is one of my favorite fall treats. I look forward to opening my first bag of candy corn every fall.
- Canva.com – Canva was recommended to me by a fellow blogger and I absolutely love it. I’ve used it to make the headers in these couple of posts.
- Quizlet.com – I have been using quizlet for studying French and Spanish and it has been extremely helpful fo rlistening to the words. I recommend it for anyone studying languages.
- Colored fashcards – My mom found some hot pink and orange falshcards at Walmart a while ago and I’ve been using them to help study my languages. The bright colors somehow help me memorize them better.
- Beautiful Messes by Hillary Scott – “All that baggage we keep on dragging around, Ain’t it time we start laying it down? Lay it down at the foot of the cross, Give it to the One who can carry it all. Even at our worst, to Him, we ain’t lost causes.”
- “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you.” ~ Isaiah 26:3
- “Be joyful in hope, patient in afflicatioon, faithful in prayer.” ~ Romans 12:12
What were your favorite things from September? What are you looking forward to about October? Let me know! I’d love to hear from you! :)
Hey, everyone! How was your weekend? I spent my weekend in the mountains. We went hiking to a waterfall and then had a picnic dinner. It was a lot of fun! Here are my monthly favorites for August. :)
image via youversion
- Going back to school! – This year I made the big switch from homeschooling to private schooling and I love it! It’s been a big learning experience but I’m exactly where I’m meant to be. :)
- Group Me (app) – I was introduced to this app by my friends from school and it’s great. It allows you to group message people even if they don’t have smartphones or the app.
- More traveling – I feel like every time I post a monthly favorite, I include some sort of traveling experience. This month we went to FL. (read more here)
- A cappella – I decided to try something new this year so I joined my school’s a cappella group. It’s super fun and a great way to meet new people. I’m looking forward to our first performance.
- Photography Class – This year, I’m taking a photography class. I’ve already learned so much and I can’t wait to share my pictures with you all. :)
- The Selection Stories by Kiera Cass
- Sparrows by Jason Grey
- Something Wild by Lindsey Stirling (feat. Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness)
- Isaiah 26:3 – “You keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You.” (read my comments on this verse here)
- 1 Thessalonian 5:18 – “give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
Hey everyone! How are you all? I am doing great! Ready for school to start soon? I’m so excited! Before we get to that, let me take a minute to think back on this past month.
We’re halfway through the year already! Ah! I had a lot of fun this month with trips and shopping.
Hey everyone and welcome back to another monthly favorites! May flew by so fast! I can’t believe school is over!
- Way back in the beginning of the month, two of my friends drew me. We even got our class to vote on which drawing of me was better. Which drawing do you like better?
- School being over! – Yes, of course I miss my friends but I’ll see them again in the fall. No more exams, early morning classes, or late night cramming. :)
- Paper Mate Ink Joy pens – My parents got me a bunch of pens and some of them were Ink Joy pens. They write really smooth and are great for journalling.
- I was able to get together with a friend twice this month and it was really nice. It’s amazing how much you can learn about other people over lunch.
- More drawing sessions with my sis. – What can I say? My sister is amazing and so is her artwork. :)
- Fuze iced tea with lemon
- Sitting in the garden. – Summer time is such a beautiful time to be outside and enjoy the sunshine.
- Bullet Journals – I think I might have mentioned this on another Monthly Favorite but bullet journaling has been great for me. I love being able to design my own planner and adding extra pages for doodling and to-do lists.
- Dying For You by Otto Knows feat. Lindsey Stirling
- Proverbs 21:31 – “The horse is made ready for the day of battle,
but victory rests with the Lord.”
How was your May? I hope you all have a great day!
April is over and May has begun and with the days the May brings, the end of school draws closer and closer. As I prepare for this month, I wanted to take a moment to reflect on what April had to bring.
- Drawing sessions with my sis – My sister is a great artist. She has been helping me work on my sketches. It makes for a great bonding time. :)
- Walks with my family – Honestly, doing anything with my family is pretty fun and the weather was beautiful so bonus! :)
- Faith Floral Dayspring Journal – A very good friend gave this beautiful journal to me. I am using it now for my bullet journal and absolutely love it because it has Bible verses on the bottom of every page!
- We Are Yours by I Am They (song) – This is such an uplifting and upbeat song.
- Café Mochas from Panera Bread – Yum!
- Painting Pottery – For my sister’s birthday, we went to a pottery shop and painted pottery. It was a very hard trying to decide which to pick out of the hundreds of items to choose from. XD
- Scarf from Areopostle – Don’t remember when I got it but it goes pretty great with my Sunday dress. :)
- Essie’s Play Date Nail Polish – It’s a super cute purple color which is also one of my favorite colors. :)
- todoist.com – I use this website for my to-do list. This is a big help since it has a daily goal and points.
- Psalms 16:11 – ““You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”
April was a very busy month but it brought happiness and joy to my family and myself. What did you love about April? Let me know in the comments below! I’d love to hear from you. :)