Hey, everyone! Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Have you started making your shopping list? I’ve been planning with my family and I’m really excited to spend the holiday with all of my relatives. I always look forward to Thanksgiving day. Speaking of Thanksgiving, there are so many things to be thankful for! Here are 30 Things I’m Thankful For.
- God who has saved me despite the many times I’ve failed.
- My family who drives me crazy but I still love them.
- Friends who are open and accepting no matter what. The ones who encourage me to be my best every day and help me back up when I fall.
- Teachers who work with me to help me get better.
- Pastors who will sit with me and walk me through things I may not understand.
- Sunday School Leaders who have prayed for me and my family week after week.
- Military Families and others who work to keep our country safe.
- The changing of the seasons and the beauty that comes with each one.
- Vacations and the chance to have a break from the business of life.
- Flowers which always cheer me up.
- Surprise snail mail from family and friends.
- Heaters to keep my home warm.
- Socks to keep my feet warm (and for sliding around the floors).
- Education and the opportunity to learn.
- The wonderful food that my mom makes for me every day!
- Cameras and the chance to capture memories in a photo.
- Dishwashers! Because who wants to wash all of those pots?
- Sunday afternoons full of rest and reading.
- Little handwritten notes left in my lunchbox.
- Happy moments with family and friends.
- Clear nights full of stars and wonder.
- The experiences, both good and bad, that have helped me grow into who I am today.
- Failures that have helped me learn from my mistakes and encouraged me to do better.
- Technology that allows me to communicate with my family all across the world.
- Comfortable beds to sleep in!
- Family traditions and the memories that come with them.
- Books that come with great adventures!
- The authors who have inspired me to write.
- The many people who love me and pray for me.
- All of you who take the time to read my posts! Thank you so much!
What things are you thankful for? What are you looking forward to the most this Thanksgiving? I hope you have a great week!
Christmas is 46 days away! Have you starting shopping yet? I have already bought all of the gifts for my family but I’m still working on the ones for my friends. Here is my Christmas Wish List, including links for items in case you need some inspiration. ;)
Something I Want
Something I Need
Something To Wear
Something To Read
What are some things that are on your Christmas wish list?
Which stores do you go to buy gifts?
Hello everyone! Today marks the anniversary of my very first blog post. In the three years that I’ve been blogging, so much has changed not only in my life but also on my blog.
When I started blogging, I didn’t really know what I wanted to write about. With more practice and more posts, I’ve been able to find out what I like and develop my blog to how it is now. To those who have recently started their own blogs, keep it up! It might take a while for you to get it to where you like but it will be worth it. Also, don’t be afraid to take breaks. Sometimes taking a step back can give you a better picture.
I’m super excited to start this 4th year of blogging! I hope you’ll follow me along!
Hey, everyone! Did you miss me? I am so so sorry that I haven’t posted! Life has been pretty crazy. But I’m back with a ton of new posts for you! First, I’ll catch you up on everything with a life update.
Travels and Adventures
At the end of June, my family and I took a trip to Europe for a couple of weeks to spend time with my grandparents and other family members. We spent a lot of time in Belgium and Holland but we also took a road trip to Germany to get a clock repaired. I had so much fun and met so many cool people. I am working on a travel journal to post soon so keep an eye out for that!
Surgery and Recovery
Monday morning, I woke up bright and early for the surgery on my arm. I was pretty nervous especially since during the nights leading up to the surgery I had nightmares. But, everything went well and I got to go home before lunch so it was fine! The rest of the day I spent sleeping.
On Tuesday, one of my best friends came over to visit me and cheer me up. She even attempted to clean my room for me which was actually really funny. Even so, she helped get my mind off of my arm and the hours I spent feeling useless.
Yesterday, my other best friend came over with her mom and her brothers. She also brought chocolate and flowers so it was a good day! ;) She helped to brighten up my day a bit and I am grateful for that.
Today, I can use my arm a bit more (enough to write some posts) and it doesn’t hurt. I’m planning on taking the rest of the week slow and careful. I am so glad that my arm is healing and that I will be able to use it normally again soon. This whole week has made me feel much more grateful for a healthy and functioning body.
So that’s my quick life update! I’ll be posting a Travel Journal from my Europe trip in a couple of days. Also, this is completely random but, I’m wondering what are your favorite brands for backpacks? Let me know in the comments below; it’ll help me a lot. :)
Hey, guys! So yesterday was the first day of Spring! YAY! If you know anything about me, you know that I LOVE Spring. The flowers, the weather, the patterns; everything is so beautiful this time of year! There are so many things to like about spring, I decided to make a list. So here are 25 things I love about spring.
- Easter service at church!
- Seeing everyone outside.
- Sitting outside on the patio with a good book.
- Baby animals!
- Being about to put away the big winter coats.
- Opening the windows to the fresh breeze.
- Pulling out the shorts after a long stretch of winter.
- Easter break with family and friends! How perfect is that? :)
- Pastel colored everything!
- Picnics by the lake complete with books, iced tea, and kites.
- Bike rides down to the park.
- The soft, fresh feeling in the air.
- All of the beautiful blooming flowers! I mean just look at these;
- Waking up to the birds. Such a beautiful sound. <3
- Fresh vegetables and fruits!
- Looking for four-leaf clovers in the backyard.
- Travel opportunities.
- Spring smells.
- Rainy mornings.
- The fresh green of the new leaves.
- Beautiful weather.
- Watching the clouds roll across the clear blue sky.
- Summer on the horizon.
- Tulips, tulips, and more tulips. :)
- The sense of rebirth and beginnings that fill the air during springtime.
What do you love about spring? Thanks so much for reading! I hope you have a great day!
Hey, everyone! How are you? Today was AMAZING! My a cappella team got to meet with a college a cappella team to learn and sing with them. It was a great experience and we learned a lot about getting the songs to feel how they should sound.
Also today, I wanted to share 10 things on my bucket list. My actual bucket list is very long. If you want to check out the entire list, click here. ;)
- Learn sign language. – I think sign language is really cool! Some of my friends know a bit of sign language so maybe they can help me. ;)
- Spend an entire day watching Disney movies. – Disney movies are really fun! There are so many that I haven’t seen in a long time and would love to see again!
- Have a beach bonfire. – The beach is so beautiful at night with all of the stars. It would be a lot of fun to have a bonfire with some friends on the beach under the stars.
- Visit Mount Rushmore. – Mount Rushmore is a must-see.
- Visit all seven continents. – I love traveling! It would be awesome to visit every continent.
- Go to a midnight movie premiere. – I’ve always wanted to do this. :)
- Stargaze on a roof. – I LOVE watching the stars!
- Participate in a color run. – I’ve seen pictures of color runs all of the internet and it looks like a lot of fun! My cousin, C, ran in a color run and she said it was really cool.
- Read 1000 books. – Reading is a great thing to do. :)
- Write a book. – I really like writing. Ever since I was a kid, I dreamed of writing and publishing a book someday.
What are some things on your bucket list? Let me know in the comments below! Have a great day! :)
Hey, everyone! I saw this awesome award/tag on Nicole’s blog “Sorry I’m Booked” and I thought it was really cool so I’m going to try it. :) Be sure to check out Nicole’s blog here and her version of this award here. :)
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favourite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
- Share these rules (and maybe the below tips, if you’re feeling helpful).
Vintage, pink, and floral – that’s me! Once, my friends and I were coming up with our “dream homes” and my friends came up with the perfect home for me; a small apartment over a little bakery with twinkle lights and lots of flowers. Loved it! :)
Thanks so much for reading! I hope you all have a great day! Stay happy. :)
Hey, everybody! How was your January? It was a great start to a new year with new goals and a new mindset. For me, January went by all too fast.
I started off January with my friends. We had an amazing time ringing in the New Year and laughing together. On the fourth, I worked on my scrapbooks! I’m so close to being finished with the last one. Then on the seventh, it snowed. It was so much fun even though the snow didn’t stay long.
Picture Creds: Sis
On the ninth, I received my business cards from Vistaprint. I was so excited and so pleased with how they turned out! And two days later, I received my Vistaprint Promobox. I totally forgot about it so it was an amazing surprise to receive in the mail. :)
Then my friends and I started a Bible study type thing for us all to memorize Bible verses together. So far we have memorized Matthew 10:28 and Philippians 4:4-8. To help me memorize my Bible verses, I started a journal. On the left page, I write the Bible verse and my initial thoughts. On the right page, I write a “React and Respond” section where I write my thoughts at the end of the week and things that I want to remember about the verses that I studied.
On the thirteenth, my friend (shout out to A) taught me the basics of video making. Then on the seventeenth, I uploaded my very first Youtube video! (3 Things You Should Know About Me) I am super excited about my Youtube channel. Ya’ll can expect some great things coming soon! Also, I’m hosting a GIVEAWAY! (More about that here.)
My school had to move the piano into the common area for an event and they decided to keep it there for a couple of days. It was wonderful hearing so many people playing songs and everyone connecting over the music.
This month I also participated in a Photo-a-day challenge. It was a lot of fun! Here are some of my favorite pictures from this month.
Other Things I Loved
- 52 Lists Project book
- 52 Lists To Happiness book
- Pinterest “tried it” button
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Sherlock Season 4
That’s all! How was your January? What are you looking forward to this February?
Hey, everybody! How are you? I’m doing well! I wanted to share a quick post to let you all know some exciting news:
I’m starting a Youtube channel!
Yay! I’m super excited about it! I hope you all check it out and subscribe; it would mean a lot to me. :) Anyway, check out the video to find out 3 things you should know about me.
Thanks for reading and watching! Have a great day!
Happy New Year! Can you believe it’s 2017?! It’s gone by way too fast. But then again, I say that every year. You’d think I’d be used to time changing by now.
Okay, so I’m going to start off by saying I don’t like using the word “resolutions”. I feel like they should be more of goals because it doesn’t matter to me whether I meet them or not, as long as there are progress and growth.
With that “mini-rant” out of the way, here are my 2017 New Year Goals. My theme for 2017 is growth so this year I’m making goals that will hopefully help me better myself.