Hello everyone! It certainly has been a while since I’ve posted. So much has happened between my graduation and family events. Last week my family and I had the opportunity to travel to Chicago for a friend’s wedding. It was absolutely beautiful and I am so glad that we were able to spend time with our family and friends.
The Windy City
Every day that we spent in Chicago was beautiful, busy, and windy. The views of the skyline and the lake were so pretty. I also loved seeing so many different people throughout the city. There is such a diversity in a city like Chicago that I just don’t get to see very often back home.
One of the days in this big and bustling city we went to visit a couple of tourist attractions, or as I would rather call them, must-sees. The Willis Tower, for example, was definitely worth the long hour-and-some wait as the views from the 103rd floor of the building are breath-taking. The famous Bean was also fun to see and a great place to take pictures. The Ferris Wheel on Navy Pier was probably my favorite, though. It gives a perfect view of the boats and the city!
Family and Friends
Because we knew so many people in Chicago, there were lots of great meals with them, including a three-and-a-half hour dinner in Chinatown. While we ended up being pretty exhausted at the end of it all, I enjoyed spending time with the people who have made such an impact on my and my family’s life.
Have you been to Chicago? What were some of your favorite places to visit? Let me know in the comments below! I would love to hear from you :)
Hey, everyone! So today I’m going to start a new project for myself called the 101 in 1001. It’s basically a list of 101 things that I want to do in 1001 days (2.75 years). I wanted it to end on my 21st birthday as a little “birthday present” for myself, so I’m going to start today!
Start date: Friday May 11, 2018
End date: Friday February 05, 2021
A healthy lifestyle
- Eat gluten free for 2 weeks
- Work out twice a week for three months in a row
- Eat meatless for 3 months
- Take dance lessons
- Become plastic free
- Go to bed by 10 every night for 2 weeks
- Get up at 5 every morning for 2 weeks
- Go through my clothes and donate what I don’t wear
- Learn 5 new recipes
- Go through all of my photos and purge the duplicates
- Spend at least 15 minutes outside every day for a month
- Bike somewhere (anywhere)
- Go skating again
- Delete unwanted emails
- Make an emergency kit for the car
- Run in a race
- Complete a 30 Day Squat Challenge
- Go a day without my phone
- Go a week without my phone
- Go a month without social media
- Complete 10 random acts of kindness
- Try to go “car-less” for a week
- Volunteer at an event
- Be able to do a split
- Work out in the morning for 2 weeks
For family and friends
- Quilt a blanket for my aunt
- Take a trip with my mom
- Send 50 handwritten letters
- Send a “just for fun” package to my friends
- Throw someone a surprise party
- Sing around a fire pit with some friends
- Go to 5 sports games
- Finish the 2017 scrapbook
- Have an early morning Bible study outside
- Visit a high school friend at college
- Give someone a handmade gift
- Send birthday cards
- Take my sisters on “sister-dates”
- Volunteer with my family a Saturday morning
- Start a future hope chest
- Reconnect with an old friend
- Start a birthday tradition
Exploring the world
- Go to a drive-in/outdoor movie
- Go camping
- Take a roadtrip
- Visit a city I’ve never been to before
- Go to a flea market
- See a shooting star
- Watch the sun set, stay up all night, and then see the sun rise
- Play an instrument on the beach
- Have a picnic
- Explore downtown Charlotte
- Study abroad
- Speak French with a native
- Go horseback riding
- Go on a spontaneous trip
- Learn sign language (enough to have a small conversation)
- Become fluent in French
- Find a church by the university
- Go sailing
- Go to a lavender farm
- Learn to identify 5 constellations
A little bit of me
- Read the entire Bible again
- Memorize 25 Bible verses
- Read every Jane Austen novel
- Finish watching all of the Doctor Who seasons
- Watch 20 documentaries
- Complete a 30 day photo challenge
- Have a photoshoot
- Vote in every election
- Sew a quilt for myself
- Put $5 into savings for every goal accomplished
- Fill a sketchbook with doodles
- Visit my high school teachers after I graduate
- Paint on a canvas
- Memorize a chocolate chip cookie recipe
- Learn a poem by heart
- Attend the midnight premiere of a movie
- Read a book in a day
- Celebrate Easter really big
- Read 5 classic novels
- Update my makeup
- Have a spa day
- Spend an entire day watching Disney movies
- Build a blanket fort a read under it all day
- Sell something on Etsy
- Buy something from Etsy
- Make a new vision board
- Make a reading corner
Scribbles and words
- Write 5 more poems
- Journal every day for a month
- Compose and write down 2 new songs
- Write 3 “How-to” blog posts
- Write 10 more devotional blog posts
- Write a letter for myself to open when 1001 days are over
- Guest post for another blogger
- Map a book I love
- Reach 500 followers on my blog
- Write a wishlist of places I want to visit before I die
- Go to a book signing
- Write a new list when the 1001 days are over
I am so excited about my goals for this list! I will be sure to share an update every couple of months but you can check my progress on the “101 in 1001” page located at the top of my website.
Have you ever done a 101 in 1001 challenge? If so, how did it go? If not, would you want to do one? I can’ wait to hear from you! Have a great day. :)
Hello, everyone! How are you? So today is my eighteenth birthday! Yay! I wanted to do something special to celebrate so I am hosting a giveaway.
Just like the past two giveaways, there will be TWO winners.
What You Can Win
One person will win this “beauty set.” This prize includes one pair of pink floral socks from Forever 21, one marble necklace also from Forever 21, and one oatmeal, milk & honey bath bomb.
The other person will win this “study set.” This prize includes one mini pink binder, one Dare To Dream marble notebook, and one marble pen.
How To Enter
This is a Raffelcopter Giveaway! Click here to enter.
The giveaway is open from February 4 to February 18, 2018. There are six ways to enter with a total of 8 entry points. Any questions? You can read all of the Terms and Conditions here or email me at email@example.com.
I’m really excited for this giveaway! I hope you have a great day! Good luck :)
Hello everyone! How are you? Did you get any snow this week? I did! It snowed on Wednesday so the schools were canceled. Life in the south :)
The two days off from school were much needed. To celebrate, my family and I went down to the park to go sledding. It was so much fun! It was also so beautiful seeing all of the trees covered with snow.
In the park, there is a bridge over the little stream. The sound of running water was calming. With the snow, it was even more beautiful.
There’s something about fresh snow that makes time seem to stop. It’s peaceful and perfect for hot chocolate and reading. :)
Did you get any snow this week? If so, how did you spend your snow day?
Hello, everyone and happy New Year! This year has flown by so quickly! Time really does fly when you’re having fun, or just busy. :)
2017 has been a crazy year for me. Between all of the travels and my surgery and starting Senior year, I’ve been busy! But I wouldn’t change that business for the world! It makes life interesting. :)
In the beginning of the year, I wanted my theme to be growth. But as life continued, I found that my theme was becoming peace. Peace in my school decisions, peace about the future, and peace about who I am, were all really important for me this year.
I posted a list of some things that I Want, some things that I Need, some things to Wear, and some things to Read for my 2017 Christmas Wish List.
This year I celebrated 3 years of blogging! I talked a little bit about all of the changes on my blog and how I came to be happy with those changes.
This summer I took a trip to Europe with my family to visit my grandparents and cousins. It was so much fun and we took so many pictures.
March was a particularly good month for me this year. My family hosted quite a bit of people and we did some traveling too. I also worked on memorizing Bible verses and worked on my photography.
2017 ended pretty nicely for me too! My sisters and I hosted a group of girls for a New Year’s Eve party. Ending and starting the two years with my friends and family is a blessing and I am so grateful that we had that opportunity.
So, how was your 2017? What were some of your favorite parts/memories? I hope that your New Year is just as great!
Happy Best Friends Day everyone! I hope you get to spend some time with all of your friends today but, if not, here’s a list of 23 things you can do with your friends this summer! :)
- Hang out at the pool.
- Have a friends photoshoot.
- Volunteer somewhere together for the day.
- Road trip!
- Go horseback riding.
- Attend a floating lantern festival.
- Make homemade icecream.
- Have a paint fight.
- Go camping together.
- Have a weeklong sleepover.
- Go thrift shopping together.
- Make a friendship playlist.
- Make friendship bracelets.
- Have a picnic.
- Start a book club together.
- Go to a music festival.
- Try out new crafts.
- Play with animals at a local shelter.
- Make a summer scrapbook.
- Go hiking to a waterfall.
- Tie-dye shirts.
- Go back to school shopping together!
I can’t wait to try all of these things out with my friends! I know it’ll be a lot of fun. :) If you try any of the things listed with your friends, let me know in the comments. I’d love to hear from you! :) Have an amazing day!
Hey, guys! How are you? It’s been a while since my last Writing Wednesday entry so I thought I would share one this week. This one is all about memories. :)
I remember the day when we laughed until our sides hurt and when we screamed with joy and made funny faces. I remember the day when we spent hours talking in different accents and dancing around the kitchen. The day when, as I went about my work, you were there making life fun. In those few moments, we were free. Now that we are older, those days are fewer, but I’m looking forward to the day when we can do these things again; when we can laugh until our sides hurt and when we can scream with joy. I can’t wait until the day when we can spend hours talking in different accents and dancing around the kitchen. May these memories forever be in our minds and the hope forever in our hearts.
Hello, everyone! How are you? I’ve been pretty swamped with school but I was able to post this (even though it’s late) so I would say I’m doing pretty well! I was tagged by this amazing blogger for the Blue Sky Tag. Be sure to check out her blog here and her version of the blog post here!
- Thank the person who tagged you
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Give 11 questions
- Nominate 11 people to continue this tag
Questions and Answers
- What is your perfect pizza? (thin/thick crust, toppings, homemade/delivery) – Thin crust, pineapple, ham, extra cheese, olives, and homemade pizza is the best!
- If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? – My mom’s thread meat with potatoes and green beans! Yum!
- What cheers you up? – My friends and family, writing, listening to music, watching a movie, or drawing.
- What is your favorite t.v. commercial? – I love the commercials for Fixer Upper!
- What is your favorite of the four seasons? Why? – I love Spring the most because of all of the beautiful blooming flowers and the birds are just amazing. Also, it’s so close to being summer that it’s a hopeful season for me. :)
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor? – Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!
- What is your favorite smell? – Kind of an odd question but I guess my favorite smell would be freshly baked cookies. (Can you tell I’m hungry?) :) ;)
- What is your dream job? – I would love to be a Travel Blogger Momma because it incorporates all of my favorite things; traveling, blogging, and family time! :) But I won’t be getting to this dream job for a long time, don’t worry. Hehe!
- Who is your biggest role model? – My role model is my Aunt L. She’s an awesome woman who follows Jesus and has worked so hard.
- What are your top 3 goals in life? – Live a life that shows God’s love to others, not let my past circumstances hinder me from growing, and publish a book.
- What is the best decision you have made recently? – The best decision I’ve made recently… I think that would be deciding not to spend so much time comparing myself to others.
Questions For You
- Name 3 things that you love about Spring.
- What is one thing that you learned this week?
- What is your favorite drink?
- What is one song that makes you want to dance?
- Is there something that your friends do that has rubbed off on you?
- If you were an emoji, which one would you be?
- Name a book that made you laugh.
- Share a photo that you have taken recently.
- What is something that you have been meaning to do but haven’t done yet?
- If you have $1,000,000, how would you spend it?
- What is your favorite word?
Tag! You’re It!
- Mehan from Press On Mehan!
- Tabi from Busy Bee
- Alexandrina from The Warmhearted
- The Happy Book
- Wonderous Night Trambler from A Girl Cloaked In Night
- The Average Girl
- Elsie from Elsie L.M.C
- Alysha from Joyous Alysha
- Chloe from Diary of a Lonely Girl
- Truuty from Truth and Beauty
- G from Paper Clips and Pins
Thanks again for the nomination! Have a great day!
A blank sheet of paper.
Oh, the possibilities
That lie within my mind.
I’m afraid to write
For once the ink is applied,
There is no going back.
So I think this poem needs a little bit of an explanation. I wrote this poem way back in June. I attempted to write letters to friends but never did because I didn’t know what to say, how to say it, or why I wanted to write them in the first place. This poem came out of the struggle of not being able to make up my mind. :) Anyway, that’s the story! Stay happy. :)
Hey, guys! So yesterday was the first day of Spring! YAY! If you know anything about me, you know that I LOVE Spring. The flowers, the weather, the patterns; everything is so beautiful this time of year! There are so many things to like about spring, I decided to make a list. So here are 25 things I love about spring.
- Easter service at church!
- Seeing everyone outside.
- Sitting outside on the patio with a good book.
- Baby animals!
- Being about to put away the big winter coats.
- Opening the windows to the fresh breeze.
- Pulling out the shorts after a long stretch of winter.
- Easter break with family and friends! How perfect is that? :)
- Pastel colored everything!
- Picnics by the lake complete with books, iced tea, and kites.
- Bike rides down to the park.
- The soft, fresh feeling in the air.
- All of the beautiful blooming flowers! I mean just look at these;
- Waking up to the birds. Such a beautiful sound. <3
- Fresh vegetables and fruits!
- Looking for four-leaf clovers in the backyard.
- Travel opportunities.
- Spring smells.
- Rainy mornings.
- The fresh green of the new leaves.
- Beautiful weather.
- Watching the clouds roll across the clear blue sky.
- Summer on the horizon.
- Tulips, tulips, and more tulips. :)
- The sense of rebirth and beginnings that fill the air during springtime.
What do you love about spring? Thanks so much for reading! I hope you have a great day!