Hello, everyone! How are you? It’s been a while since my last life update so I thought I would share one today.
Things have been pretty busy until today. I just finished my third quarter of Senior Year and I’m not exactly sure what to do with that information. I’m excited to graduation coming up in a couple of months but I also know that I’m going to miss so many things from high school. I think, for now, I’m just going to take things one week at a time.
Speaking of, this next week is going to be full of really exciting things! On Monday, I have my final meeting before I head to… Peru! I’ll be gone for 10 days but I will come back with lots of pictures! I also have a Sign Language Club meeting on Monday which I’m very excited about! I’ve always found sign language to be interesting and I’m looking forward to being able to sign with some other people from my church and school.
The Awesome Blogger Award
I was nominated for this award by the lovely Lindsay from Linds4Dance. Thank you so much, Lindsay! Please be sure to check out her blog here and her version of the post here!
- Thank the person who nominated you!
- Include the reason behind the award!
- Include the banner in the post
- Tag it with #awesomebloggeraward
- Answer all the questions!
Nominate at least 5 other awesome blog buddies
Give your nominees 10 questions of their own!
Let your nominees know they’ve been nominated!
*I’m going to skip these but please feel free to accept your own nomination for this award!
The Reason Behind This Award
The Awesome Blogger award was originally created by Maggie @ Dreaming of Guatemala. This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. they have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. that is what truly defines an awesome blogger. ~coffeelovingbookoholic
- What’s your favorite quote? – “May the flowers remind us why the rain was so necessary.” – Xan Oku
- What’s your earliest childhood memory? – My earliest childhood memory was when I was around 3 or 4. I was in preschool and it was my birthday. I remember having pigtails with purple ribbons and having nap time. I was so excited about my birthday that I couldn’t go to sleep. :)
- If you could do anything in one day, what would you do? – I would probably wake up early, be productive, have lunch with some friends, and then spend the afternoon with my family. That would be a great day.
- Who in your life, do admire most? – My former Sunday School teacher is someone that I admire a lot. She is the happiest 70~ year-old I’ve ever met. Every time I see her, she is always excited and reminds me to be strong in my faith. She constantly prays for me and it means a lot. She hasn’t had the easiest life, but through everything, she has been praising God. That is how I want to be.
- Who is your favorite blogger and why? – Oh, my! Okay, my favorite blogger would have to be Madyson Grace. Her blog is full of meaningful posts that encourage us to remember the Truth.
- Markers or Colored Pencils? – Markers. 100%
- Chocolate or Hard candies? – Chocolate!
- Current favorite outfit? – I would have to go with my church outfit. It consists of this fit and flare burgundy dress from Altar’d State, a black cardigan, and flats. It’s really comfortable.
- What’s your greatest accomplishment? – Reaching my 3-year blogiversary!
- If you could go back in time, where would you go and why? – I would go back to the 1950s because I think that was an interesting time period. Also, it was during that decade that Disneyland opened!
Thanks so much for reading! I hope you have a great week! :)
Hello, everyone! How are you? I’m doing pretty well! The second quarter ended yesterday and I finally get a chance to breathe after all of the assignments. Yay! I was nominated by Bella from the Dancing Damsel for the Liebster Award! Many thanks to her! Be sure to check out her blog and her version of the post here.
- Acknowledge the blogger who tagged you and display the award button.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asks you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Notify the bloggers of their nomination.
- And give them 11 questions to answer!
Questions And Answers
- What are a few of your goals for 2018? – I actually just posted a blog post on my 2018 goals. You can read it here.
- What’s a song you’ve had on repeat lately? – I love listening to “Well Done” by Carly Bannister. Both Carly and her sister Ellie Holcomb performed at Windy Gap at the beginning of the school year and it was amazing! You can listen to the song here.
- If you write, what’s a current WIP about? – I haven’t really been writing recently so I’ll skip this question. :)
- Do you have any siblings? – Yes! I have two younger sisters who are amazing! I love them so much. :)
- Sweet, salty, or sour? – Sweet! I love all kinds of desserts, especially if my mom or sister made them.
- Which book do you wish would be turned into a movie? – I would be so excited if The Selection series became a movie! It would be amazing!
- What’s a word you always misspell? – I also misspell “misspell”. I forget there are two “s”s.
- If you could live in only one city or town for the rest of your life, what would it be? – I’ve always wanted to live in London.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? – If I could have a superpower, I would want to have the power of teleportation. That way, I could just “poof” myself somewhere instead of having to drive.
- What is the best and worst movie you’ve ever seen? – The best movie I saw was Wonder Woman. It was so good! I don’t know the worst movie that I saw.
- Why did you start blogging? – I had been thinking about starting a blog for a while before I finally did start writing. It wasn’t until a lot of my friends started blogs that I decided it was finally time. I started Life as a Homeschooled Teen in November of 2014. It was a way for me to practice writing and I continued by adding more posts about life. And now here I am. :)
Tag! You’re It!
- A Day in the Life of Anonymous Me
- Call Me Ash
- Day Dreamer Teen
- Dreamers and Dancers
- Elsie LMC
- Georgie Grl
- It’s Louises Life
- Joy Unspeakable
- Linds 4 Dance
- Livalittle Blog
- and You!
Questions For You
- What are some of your goals for this year?
- What are you looking forward to?
- What cheers you up?
- Give one piece of life advice.
- What is your favorite pizza topping?
- If you had to move to another country for 10 years, what are some things that you would miss?
- What comes to mind when you hear the word “rabbit?”
- What is your most reccommended book?
- Do you have a bullet journal?
- Tea or coffee?
- How would you describe your style?
Thanks again to Bella for tagging me! Be sure to check out her blog and I hope you all have a great day! :)
Hey, everyone! Tessa from Writer’s Ink created a new challenge! Be sure to check out Tessa’s blog here. (She’s awesome; you’ll love it!)
- Thank your nominator
- Answer at least 8 questions about writing
- Nominate at least 5 people
Question and Answer
- When did you first start writing? – I started writing around August of 2013 or 2014. I had just finished the Gallagher Girls series and it inspired me to write!
- Have you always been interested in writing? – I always liked writing but I didn’t actually consider myself a writer until I started buckling down and getting writing done.
- Why do you like writing? – I love writing because it’s a great way to express your feelings and thoughts without stuttering through the words.
- What genre do you write in? – Realistic Fiction and Poetry
- Who or what motivates you to write? – I have a friend, H, who is an AMAZING writer! She inspires me to write; her own writing is enough motivation. :)
- Do you write poetry? – Absolutely! I love poetry; it’s my favorite way of writing.
- Have you ever written a story with a friend? – No, but that would be really fun!
- How do you write your stories (first person, third person)? – First person always.
- Meg from MegCathWrites
- Vivian from Writing With Style
- Alexis from Coast To Coast With Alexis
- Anna from Diversion3000
- Hanne from RocksAnd Minerals 4 Him
A big thank you to Tessa for creating this challenge! It was a lot of fun! To those who were nominated, be sure to link your version of this challenge down below so I can check it out! :) Have a great day!
P.S. I was thinking about adding a poetry/writing section to my blog. What do you think? Let me know in the comments down below!
Hey, everyone! I saw this awesome award/tag on Nicole’s blog “Sorry I’m Booked” and I thought it was really cool so I’m going to try it. :) Be sure to check out Nicole’s blog here and her version of this award here. :)
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favourite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
- Share these rules (and maybe the below tips, if you’re feeling helpful).
Vintage, pink, and floral – that’s me! Once, my friends and I were coming up with our “dream homes” and my friends came up with the perfect home for me; a small apartment over a little bakery with twinkle lights and lots of flowers. Loved it! :)
Thanks so much for reading! I hope you all have a great day! Stay happy. :)
Hey, everybody! I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Tessa Morgan from Writer’s Ink. Be sure to check out her blog here and her version of this award here.
- Thank that awesome nominator! And give a link to their blog(S)
- Write a post about this award
- Give a short bit about how/why you started your website
- Give two bits of advice for bloggers.
Nominate 15 bloggers
Tell those 15 bloggers via comment!
*Blogger Note: I’m not going to nominate anyone for this award today. I’m really sorry but feel free to do the award anyway! You deserve it :) *
Why I Started My Blog
When I first started my blog, I blogged under the blog Life As A Homeschooled Teen. Life as a Homeschooled Teen was started for me to share my homeschooling life as well as random thoughts and events going on. As I continued my blogging journey, I added more posts about life. After three and a half years of homeschooling, I decided to go back to school and then, Happily Abi was born! I still blog about life and everything going on but my main goal is to make this blog a happy, welcoming place for everyone. I hope to use this blog as an influence for others and to display the life from a Christian point of view.
Advice for You
My advice for new bloggers is to make use of your about pages. For a long time, I had a general two/three sentence description of myself on my About page. If you think about it, this page is where all of your visitors will go to find out more about you. First impression is everything. Add enough information to satisfy your readers.
The other thing I would say is: post things that are “you”. Your blog posts should tell who you are and what you love. Don’t try to copy someone else because you want to be like them. You are you (and that’s truer than true). :) Be true to yourself and your beliefs and write the things that you like to write about.
Thanks again to Tessa Morgan for nominating me for this award! I hope you all have an amazing day. God bless!
Hi again! The amazing Grace from PaperClipsandPins nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog Award”! If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, click here to read her posts.
- Thank the Person Who Nominated You.
- Add a Picture to Your Post.
- Share 7 Facts About Yourself.
- Nominate Others to do the Award. (Up to 15)
- Include the Set of Rules.
- Inform Your Nominees.
- My birthday is this month.
- I am taking French, Spanish, and English this year.
- The beach is my happy place.
- My favorite color is pink. :)
- My favorite tea at the moment is Peppermint Tea.
- My personality type is INFP.
- I have been blogging for a year and half.
Thanks again to Grace for the nomination! I hope you all have a great week!