Hey, everyone! So today I’m going to start a new project for myself called the 101 in 1001. It’s basically a list of 101 things that I want to do in 1001 days (2.75 years). I wanted it to end on my 21st birthday as a little “birthday present” for myself, so I’m going to start today!
Start date: Friday May 11, 2018
End date: Friday February 05, 2021
A healthy lifestyle
- Eat gluten free for 2 weeks
- Work out twice a week for three months in a row
- Eat meatless for 3 months
- Take dance lessons
- Become plastic free
- Go to bed by 10 every night for 2 weeks
- Get up at 5 every morning for 2 weeks
- Go through my clothes and donate what I don’t wear
- Learn 5 new recipes
- Go through all of my photos and purge the duplicates
- Spend at least 15 minutes outside every day for a month
- Bike somewhere (anywhere)
- Go skating again
- Delete unwanted emails
- Make an emergency kit for the car
- Run in a race
- Complete a 30 Day Squat Challenge
- Go a day without my phone
- Go a week without my phone
- Go a month without social media
- Complete 10 random acts of kindness
- Try to go “car-less” for a week
- Volunteer at an event
- Be able to do a split
- Work out in the morning for 2 weeks
For family and friends
- Quilt a blanket for my aunt
- Take a trip with my mom
- Send 50 handwritten letters
- Send a “just for fun” package to my friends
- Throw someone a surprise party
- Sing around a fire pit with some friends
- Go to 5 sports games
- Finish the 2017 scrapbook
- Have an early morning Bible study outside
- Visit a high school friend at college
- Give someone a handmade gift
- Send birthday cards
- Take my sisters on “sister-dates”
- Volunteer with my family a Saturday morning
- Start a future hope chest
- Reconnect with an old friend
- Start a birthday tradition
Exploring the world
- Go to a drive-in/outdoor movie
- Go camping
- Take a roadtrip
- Visit a city I’ve never been to before
- Go to a flea market
- See a shooting star
- Watch the sun set, stay up all night, and then see the sun rise
- Play an instrument on the beach
- Have a picnic
- Explore downtown Charlotte
- Study abroad
- Speak French with a native
- Go horseback riding
- Go on a spontaneous trip
- Learn sign language (enough to have a small conversation)
- Become fluent in French
- Find a church by the university
- Go sailing
- Go to a lavender farm
- Learn to identify 5 constellations
A little bit of me
- Read the entire Bible again
- Memorize 25 Bible verses
- Read every Jane Austen novel
- Finish watching all of the Doctor Who seasons
- Watch 20 documentaries
- Complete a 30 day photo challenge
- Have a photoshoot
- Vote in every election
- Sew a quilt for myself
- Put $5 into savings for every goal accomplished
- Fill a sketchbook with doodles
- Visit my high school teachers after I graduate
- Paint on a canvas
- Memorize a chocolate chip cookie recipe
- Learn a poem by heart
- Attend the midnight premiere of a movie
- Read a book in a day
- Celebrate Easter really big
- Read 5 classic novels
- Update my makeup
- Have a spa day
- Spend an entire day watching Disney movies
- Build a blanket fort a read under it all day
- Sell something on Etsy
- Buy something from Etsy
- Make a new vision board
- Make a reading corner
Scribbles and words
- Write 5 more poems
- Journal every day for a month
- Compose and write down 2 new songs
- Write 3 “How-to” blog posts
- Write 10 more devotional blog posts
- Write a letter for myself to open when 1001 days are over
- Guest post for another blogger
- Map a book I love
- Reach 500 followers on my blog
- Write a wishlist of places I want to visit before I die
- Go to a book signing
- Write a new list when the 1001 days are over
I am so excited about my goals for this list! I will be sure to share an update every couple of months but you can check my progress on the “101 in 1001” page located at the top of my website.
Have you ever done a 101 in 1001 challenge? If so, how did it go? If not, would you want to do one? I can’ wait to hear from you! Have a great day. :)
Hello, everyone! How are you? It’s been a while since my last life update so I thought I would share one today.
Things have been pretty busy until today. I just finished my third quarter of Senior Year and I’m not exactly sure what to do with that information. I’m excited to graduation coming up in a couple of months but I also know that I’m going to miss so many things from high school. I think, for now, I’m just going to take things one week at a time.
Speaking of, this next week is going to be full of really exciting things! On Monday, I have my final meeting before I head to… Peru! I’ll be gone for 10 days but I will come back with lots of pictures! I also have a Sign Language Club meeting on Monday which I’m very excited about! I’ve always found sign language to be interesting and I’m looking forward to being able to sign with some other people from my church and school.
The Awesome Blogger Award
I was nominated for this award by the lovely Lindsay from Linds4Dance. Thank you so much, Lindsay! Please be sure to check out her blog here and her version of the post here!
- Thank the person who nominated you!
- Include the reason behind the award!
- Include the banner in the post
- Tag it with #awesomebloggeraward
- Answer all the questions!
Nominate at least 5 other awesome blog buddies
Give your nominees 10 questions of their own!
Let your nominees know they’ve been nominated!
*I’m going to skip these but please feel free to accept your own nomination for this award!
The Reason Behind This Award
The Awesome Blogger award was originally created by Maggie @ Dreaming of Guatemala. This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. they have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. that is what truly defines an awesome blogger. ~coffeelovingbookoholic
- What’s your favorite quote? – “May the flowers remind us why the rain was so necessary.” – Xan Oku
- What’s your earliest childhood memory? – My earliest childhood memory was when I was around 3 or 4. I was in preschool and it was my birthday. I remember having pigtails with purple ribbons and having nap time. I was so excited about my birthday that I couldn’t go to sleep. :)
- If you could do anything in one day, what would you do? – I would probably wake up early, be productive, have lunch with some friends, and then spend the afternoon with my family. That would be a great day.
- Who in your life, do admire most? – My former Sunday School teacher is someone that I admire a lot. She is the happiest 70~ year-old I’ve ever met. Every time I see her, she is always excited and reminds me to be strong in my faith. She constantly prays for me and it means a lot. She hasn’t had the easiest life, but through everything, she has been praising God. That is how I want to be.
- Who is your favorite blogger and why? – Oh, my! Okay, my favorite blogger would have to be Madyson Grace. Her blog is full of meaningful posts that encourage us to remember the Truth.
- Markers or Colored Pencils? – Markers. 100%
- Chocolate or Hard candies? – Chocolate!
- Current favorite outfit? – I would have to go with my church outfit. It consists of this fit and flare burgundy dress from Altar’d State, a black cardigan, and flats. It’s really comfortable.
- What’s your greatest accomplishment? – Reaching my 3-year blogiversary!
- If you could go back in time, where would you go and why? – I would go back to the 1950s because I think that was an interesting time period. Also, it was during that decade that Disneyland opened!
Thanks so much for reading! I hope you have a great week! :)
Hello everyone! Do you know what I love about summer? S’mores! And what’s better than s’mores? I don’t know but if you figure it out, let me know. ;) Here are five S’more treats that are to die for!
- S’mores Macarons – I’ve never met a person who wasn’t a fan of macarons. They’re just so good! Olivia did a great post on how to make S’mores Macarons on her blog, Live for Cake. I need to get my sister to make these!
- S’mores Fudge Bars – Tessa from Handle the Heat shared this recipe for s’mores fudge bars that look amazing. Plus, there’s fudge! Yum. :)
- S’mores Stuffed Cookies – Amanda from Cookie Named Desire describes these cookies so well: “Your favorite campfire treat gets an upgrade with this gooey, cookie recipe. S’mores stuffed cookies are filled with graham crackers and chocolate, then stuffed with gooey marshmallows for the ultimate s’mores dessert.” To which I would respond, yum!
- S’mores Pancakes – These pancakes from Krissy’s blog Self Proclaimed Foodie look amazing! I’ll have to make these the next time my friends come over.
- S’mores Popcorn – Popcorn is perfect for an on-the-go snack. I think this is something I could bring hiking or on a road trip.
Do you love s’mores? Have you tried any of these recipes or anything similar? Leave a comment down below! I’d love to hear from you. :)