Hey, everyone! So today I’m going to start a new project for myself called the 101 in 1001. It’s basically a list of 101 things that I want to do in 1001 days (2.75 years). I wanted it to end on my 21st birthday as a little “birthday present” for myself, so I’m going to start today!
Start date: Friday May 11, 2018
End date: Friday February 05, 2021
A healthy lifestyle
- Eat gluten free for 2 weeks
- Work out twice a week for three months in a row
- Eat meatless for 3 months
- Take dance lessons
- Become plastic free
- Go to bed by 10 every night for 2 weeks
- Get up at 5 every morning for 2 weeks
- Go through my clothes and donate what I don’t wear
- Learn 5 new recipes
- Go through all of my photos and purge the duplicates
- Spend at least 15 minutes outside every day for a month
- Bike somewhere (anywhere)
- Go skating again
- Delete unwanted emails
- Make an emergency kit for the car
- Run in a race
- Complete a 30 Day Squat Challenge
- Go a day without my phone
- Go a week without my phone
- Go a month without social media
- Complete 10 random acts of kindness
- Try to go “car-less” for a week
- Volunteer at an event
- Be able to do a split
- Work out in the morning for 2 weeks
For family and friends
- Quilt a blanket for my aunt
- Take a trip with my mom
- Send 50 handwritten letters
- Send a “just for fun” package to my friends
- Throw someone a surprise party
- Sing around a fire pit with some friends
- Go to 5 sports games
- Finish the 2017 scrapbook
- Have an early morning Bible study outside
- Visit a high school friend at college
- Give someone a handmade gift
- Send birthday cards
- Take my sisters on “sister-dates”
- Volunteer with my family a Saturday morning
- Start a future hope chest
- Reconnect with an old friend
- Start a birthday tradition
Exploring the world
- Go to a drive-in/outdoor movie
- Go camping
- Take a roadtrip
- Visit a city I’ve never been to before
- Go to a flea market
- See a shooting star
- Watch the sun set, stay up all night, and then see the sun rise
- Play an instrument on the beach
- Have a picnic
- Explore downtown Charlotte
- Study abroad
- Speak French with a native
- Go horseback riding
- Go on a spontaneous trip
- Learn sign language (enough to have a small conversation)
- Become fluent in French
- Find a church by the university
- Go sailing
- Go to a lavender farm
- Learn to identify 5 constellations
A little bit of me
- Read the entire Bible again
- Memorize 25 Bible verses
- Read every Jane Austen novel
- Finish watching all of the Doctor Who seasons
- Watch 20 documentaries
- Complete a 30 day photo challenge
- Have a photoshoot
- Vote in every election
- Sew a quilt for myself
- Put $5 into savings for every goal accomplished
- Fill a sketchbook with doodles
- Visit my high school teachers after I graduate
- Paint on a canvas
- Memorize a chocolate chip cookie recipe
- Learn a poem by heart
- Attend the midnight premiere of a movie
- Read a book in a day
- Celebrate Easter really big
- Read 5 classic novels
- Update my makeup
- Have a spa day
- Spend an entire day watching Disney movies
- Build a blanket fort a read under it all day
- Sell something on Etsy
- Buy something from Etsy
- Make a new vision board
- Make a reading corner
Scribbles and words
- Write 5 more poems
- Journal every day for a month
- Compose and write down 2 new songs
- Write 3 “How-to” blog posts
- Write 10 more devotional blog posts
- Write a letter for myself to open when 1001 days are over
- Guest post for another blogger
- Map a book I love
- Reach 500 followers on my blog
- Write a wishlist of places I want to visit before I die
- Go to a book signing
- Write a new list when the 1001 days are over
I am so excited about my goals for this list! I will be sure to share an update every couple of months but you can check my progress on the “101 in 1001” page located at the top of my website.
Have you ever done a 101 in 1001 challenge? If so, how did it go? If not, would you want to do one? I can’ wait to hear from you! Have a great day. :)
Hello, everyone! How are you? So today is my eighteenth birthday! Yay! I wanted to do something special to celebrate so I am hosting a giveaway.
Just like the past two giveaways, there will be TWO winners.
What You Can Win
One person will win this “beauty set.” This prize includes one pair of pink floral socks from Forever 21, one marble necklace also from Forever 21, and one oatmeal, milk & honey bath bomb.
The other person will win this “study set.” This prize includes one mini pink binder, one Dare To Dream marble notebook, and one marble pen.
How To Enter
This is a Raffelcopter Giveaway! Click here to enter.
The giveaway is open from February 4 to February 18, 2018. There are six ways to enter with a total of 8 entry points. Any questions? You can read all of the Terms and Conditions here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m really excited for this giveaway! I hope you have a great day! Good luck :)
Hello everyone! How are you? Did you get any snow this week? I did! It snowed on Wednesday so the schools were canceled. Life in the south :)
The two days off from school were much needed. To celebrate, my family and I went down to the park to go sledding. It was so much fun! It was also so beautiful seeing all of the trees covered with snow.
In the park, there is a bridge over the little stream. The sound of running water was calming. With the snow, it was even more beautiful.
There’s something about fresh snow that makes time seem to stop. It’s peaceful and perfect for hot chocolate and reading. :)
Did you get any snow this week? If so, how did you spend your snow day?
Hello, everyone! How are you? I’m doing pretty well! The second quarter ended yesterday and I finally get a chance to breathe after all of the assignments. Yay! I was nominated by Bella from the Dancing Damsel for the Liebster Award! Many thanks to her! Be sure to check out her blog and her version of the post here.
- Acknowledge the blogger who tagged you and display the award button.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asks you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Notify the bloggers of their nomination.
- And give them 11 questions to answer!
Questions And Answers
- What are a few of your goals for 2018? – I actually just posted a blog post on my 2018 goals. You can read it here.
- What’s a song you’ve had on repeat lately? – I love listening to “Well Done” by Carly Bannister. Both Carly and her sister Ellie Holcomb performed at Windy Gap at the beginning of the school year and it was amazing! You can listen to the song here.
- If you write, what’s a current WIP about? – I haven’t really been writing recently so I’ll skip this question. :)
- Do you have any siblings? – Yes! I have two younger sisters who are amazing! I love them so much. :)
- Sweet, salty, or sour? – Sweet! I love all kinds of desserts, especially if my mom or sister made them.
- Which book do you wish would be turned into a movie? – I would be so excited if The Selection series became a movie! It would be amazing!
- What’s a word you always misspell? – I also misspell “misspell”. I forget there are two “s”s.
- If you could live in only one city or town for the rest of your life, what would it be? – I’ve always wanted to live in London.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? – If I could have a superpower, I would want to have the power of teleportation. That way, I could just “poof” myself somewhere instead of having to drive.
- What is the best and worst movie you’ve ever seen? – The best movie I saw was Wonder Woman. It was so good! I don’t know the worst movie that I saw.
- Why did you start blogging? – I had been thinking about starting a blog for a while before I finally did start writing. It wasn’t until a lot of my friends started blogs that I decided it was finally time. I started Life as a Homeschooled Teen in November of 2014. It was a way for me to practice writing and I continued by adding more posts about life. And now here I am. :)
Tag! You’re It!
- A Day in the Life of Anonymous Me
- Call Me Ash
- Day Dreamer Teen
- Dreamers and Dancers
- Elsie LMC
- Georgie Grl
- It’s Louises Life
- Joy Unspeakable
- Linds 4 Dance
- Livalittle Blog
- and You!
Questions For You
- What are some of your goals for this year?
- What are you looking forward to?
- What cheers you up?
- Give one piece of life advice.
- What is your favorite pizza topping?
- If you had to move to another country for 10 years, what are some things that you would miss?
- What comes to mind when you hear the word “rabbit?”
- What is your most reccommended book?
- Do you have a bullet journal?
- Tea or coffee?
- How would you describe your style?
Thanks again to Bella for tagging me! Be sure to check out her blog and I hope you all have a great day! :)
Hey, everyone! Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Have you started making your shopping list? I’ve been planning with my family and I’m really excited to spend the holiday with all of my relatives. I always look forward to Thanksgiving day. Speaking of Thanksgiving, there are so many things to be thankful for! Here are 30 Things I’m Thankful For.
- God who has saved me despite the many times I’ve failed.
- My family who drives me crazy but I still love them.
- Friends who are open and accepting no matter what. The ones who encourage me to be my best every day and help me back up when I fall.
- Teachers who work with me to help me get better.
- Pastors who will sit with me and walk me through things I may not understand.
- Sunday School Leaders who have prayed for me and my family week after week.
- Military Families and others who work to keep our country safe.
- The changing of the seasons and the beauty that comes with each one.
- Vacations and the chance to have a break from the business of life.
- Flowers which always cheer me up.
- Surprise snail mail from family and friends.
- Heaters to keep my home warm.
- Socks to keep my feet warm (and for sliding around the floors).
- Education and the opportunity to learn.
- The wonderful food that my mom makes for me every day!
- Cameras and the chance to capture memories in a photo.
- Dishwashers! Because who wants to wash all of those pots?
- Sunday afternoons full of rest and reading.
- Little handwritten notes left in my lunchbox.
- Happy moments with family and friends.
- Clear nights full of stars and wonder.
- The experiences, both good and bad, that have helped me grow into who I am today.
- Failures that have helped me learn from my mistakes and encouraged me to do better.
- Technology that allows me to communicate with my family all across the world.
- Comfortable beds to sleep in!
- Family traditions and the memories that come with them.
- Books that come with great adventures!
- The authors who have inspired me to write.
- The many people who love me and pray for me.
- All of you who take the time to read my posts! Thank you so much!
What things are you thankful for? What are you looking forward to the most this Thanksgiving? I hope you have a great week!
Christmas is 46 days away! Have you starting shopping yet? I have already bought all of the gifts for my family but I’m still working on the ones for my friends. Here is my Christmas Wish List, including links for items in case you need some inspiration. ;)
Something I Want
Something I Need
Something To Wear
Something To Read
What are some things that are on your Christmas wish list?
Which stores do you go to buy gifts?
Happy Best Friends Day everyone! I hope you get to spend some time with all of your friends today but, if not, here’s a list of 23 things you can do with your friends this summer! :)
- Hang out at the pool.
- Have a friends photoshoot.
- Volunteer somewhere together for the day.
- Road trip!
- Go horseback riding.
- Attend a floating lantern festival.
- Make homemade icecream.
- Have a paint fight.
- Go camping together.
- Have a weeklong sleepover.
- Go thrift shopping together.
- Make a friendship playlist.
- Make friendship bracelets.
- Have a picnic.
- Start a book club together.
- Go to a music festival.
- Try out new crafts.
- Play with animals at a local shelter.
- Make a summer scrapbook.
- Go hiking to a waterfall.
- Tie-dye shirts.
- Go back to school shopping together!
I can’t wait to try all of these things out with my friends! I know it’ll be a lot of fun. :) If you try any of the things listed with your friends, let me know in the comments. I’d love to hear from you! :) Have an amazing day!
Hey, guys! So yesterday was the first day of Spring! YAY! If you know anything about me, you know that I LOVE Spring. The flowers, the weather, the patterns; everything is so beautiful this time of year! There are so many things to like about spring, I decided to make a list. So here are 25 things I love about spring.
- Easter service at church!
- Seeing everyone outside.
- Sitting outside on the patio with a good book.
- Baby animals!
- Being about to put away the big winter coats.
- Opening the windows to the fresh breeze.
- Pulling out the shorts after a long stretch of winter.
- Easter break with family and friends! How perfect is that? :)
- Pastel colored everything!
- Picnics by the lake complete with books, iced tea, and kites.
- Bike rides down to the park.
- The soft, fresh feeling in the air.
- All of the beautiful blooming flowers! I mean just look at these;
- Waking up to the birds. Such a beautiful sound. <3
- Fresh vegetables and fruits!
- Looking for four-leaf clovers in the backyard.
- Travel opportunities.
- Spring smells.
- Rainy mornings.
- The fresh green of the new leaves.
- Beautiful weather.
- Watching the clouds roll across the clear blue sky.
- Summer on the horizon.
- Tulips, tulips, and more tulips. :)
- The sense of rebirth and beginnings that fill the air during springtime.
What do you love about spring? Thanks so much for reading! I hope you have a great day!
Hey, guys! Happy March! The weather outside is beautiful and I’m so ready for Spring Break! February was full of fun adventures and memories. I can’t believe it all went by so quickly!
February started off great with my birthday! I hosted a vision board party, hosting two things off of my goals list for this year. I had a lot of fun hanging out with my friends and family. Shout-out to my wonderful mother who created a huge meal of tiny sandwiches for my birthday lunch!
A couple days later, I went to watch the play from my high school! It was a lot of fun and I saw a bunch of people that I know (shout-out to M, A, M, L, and H).
On the 11th, I headed over to the park with my sister to walk around and take pictures. It was so beautiful outside and it seemed that everyone was out enjoying the weather! The light reflecting off the water took my breath away. Plus, there were so many dogs – an extra bonus! ;)
Valentines Day came and went without a mishap. My sisters and I made breakfast in bed for my mom and we each got a little bouquet of flowers from our dad. On the 16th, I spent the day writing letters and making cards for my friends and family. And the next day, I went to my first college visit – very exciting.
Then came the big mountain trip! We spent three days in the cool weather with rivers and plenty of trees to sit by. (I even made a video about it. Watch it here.) I ended up spending a lot of time writing which was really fun for me. It’s been a while since I’ve taken the time to let my dreams take shape in writing form. ;) Our short trip in the mountains was a fun one and I can’t wait to go back.
February closed with lots of flowers; flowers in my friends’ hair, flowers in vases, flowers outside, flowers everywhere! I love how such little things like flowers can brighten up the world. :)
I also tried to continue the Photo A Day Challenge this month but then I missed a day. Still, I was able to take some really pretty pictures. Here are some of my favorites. :)
Other Things I Loved
Beautiful right? How was your February? Is the weather getting warmer where you are?
Hey, everyone! How are you? Today was AMAZING! My a cappella team got to meet with a college a cappella team to learn and sing with them. It was a great experience and we learned a lot about getting the songs to feel how they should sound.
Also today, I wanted to share 10 things on my bucket list. My actual bucket list is very long. If you want to check out the entire list, click here. ;)
- Learn sign language. – I think sign language is really cool! Some of my friends know a bit of sign language so maybe they can help me. ;)
- Spend an entire day watching Disney movies. – Disney movies are really fun! There are so many that I haven’t seen in a long time and would love to see again!
- Have a beach bonfire. – The beach is so beautiful at night with all of the stars. It would be a lot of fun to have a bonfire with some friends on the beach under the stars.
- Visit Mount Rushmore. – Mount Rushmore is a must-see.
- Visit all seven continents. – I love traveling! It would be awesome to visit every continent.
- Go to a midnight movie premiere. – I’ve always wanted to do this. :)
- Stargaze on a roof. – I LOVE watching the stars!
- Participate in a color run. – I’ve seen pictures of color runs all of the internet and it looks like a lot of fun! My cousin, C, ran in a color run and she said it was really cool.
- Read 1000 books. – Reading is a great thing to do. :)
- Write a book. – I really like writing. Ever since I was a kid, I dreamed of writing and publishing a book someday.
What are some things on your bucket list? Let me know in the comments below! Have a great day! :)