Hey, everyone! Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Have you started making your shopping list? I’ve been planning with my family and I’m really excited to spend the holiday with all of my relatives. I always look forward to Thanksgiving day. Speaking of Thanksgiving, there are so many things to be thankful for! Here are 30 Things I’m Thankful For.
- God who has saved me despite the many times I’ve failed.
- My family who drives me crazy but I still love them.
- Friends who are open and accepting no matter what. The ones who encourage me to be my best every day and help me back up when I fall.
- Teachers who work with me to help me get better.
- Pastors who will sit with me and walk me through things I may not understand.
- Sunday School Leaders who have prayed for me and my family week after week.
- Military Families and others who work to keep our country safe.
- The changing of the seasons and the beauty that comes with each one.
- Vacations and the chance to have a break from the business of life.
- Flowers which always cheer me up.
- Surprise snail mail from family and friends.
- Heaters to keep my home warm.
- Socks to keep my feet warm (and for sliding around the floors).
- Education and the opportunity to learn.
- The wonderful food that my mom makes for me every day!
- Cameras and the chance to capture memories in a photo.
- Dishwashers! Because who wants to wash all of those pots?
- Sunday afternoons full of rest and reading.
- Little handwritten notes left in my lunchbox.
- Happy moments with family and friends.
- Clear nights full of stars and wonder.
- The experiences, both good and bad, that have helped me grow into who I am today.
- Failures that have helped me learn from my mistakes and encouraged me to do better.
- Technology that allows me to communicate with my family all across the world.
- Comfortable beds to sleep in!
- Family traditions and the memories that come with them.
- Books that come with great adventures!
- The authors who have inspired me to write.
- The many people who love me and pray for me.
- All of you who take the time to read my posts! Thank you so much!
What things are you thankful for? What are you looking forward to the most this Thanksgiving? I hope you have a great week!
March 27, 2017
Today’s Theme: Trust
“Worrying doesn’t change anything but trusting in God changes everything.” – Unknown
“When I am afraid, I put my trust in You.” – Psalm 56:3
Trust is one of the most important things in a relationship. It’s the same for our relationship with God. We have to learn to trust Him and His plans for our lives. That’s my challenge for you this week. :)
Happy New Year! Can you believe it’s 2017?! It’s gone by way too fast. But then again, I say that every year. You’d think I’d be used to time changing by now.
Okay, so I’m going to start off by saying I don’t like using the word “resolutions”. I feel like they should be more of goals because it doesn’t matter to me whether I meet them or not, as long as there are progress and growth.
With that “mini-rant” out of the way, here are my 2017 New Year Goals. My theme for 2017 is growth so this year I’m making goals that will hopefully help me better myself.
Hey everyone! I just wanted to make a quick update to let you guys know that the blog change is complete! I officially blog on Happily Abi.
Here’s what my blog looked like before:
And here’s what my blog looks like now:
I added a header, lightened the colors a bit, and changed the fonts slightly. I love how it looks now!
I’m so excited to continue this journey with you all!
Have a great day!
Hey everyone! As I mentioned in my blog post yesterday, I have big news. I have been blogging for about two years under the name of “Life As A Homeschooled Teen”. And after these 22 months, its time for a change.
Life As A Homeschooled Teen is coming to an end.
Okay please don’t freak out! I will continue to blog but Life As A Homeschooled Teen will be changed to….. Continue reading
Happy New Year!
So as you might have noticed, my blog has a new look. With the new year, my blog got a new look. It looks great if I do say so myself. :)
New Years are great for remembering the past and looking forward to the future, to reflect on what you learned and make goals for the future. I have a good feeling about this new year: 2015. I feel that this year will have something special in store for all of us. And with that said, I want to challenge all of you to make today better than yesterday but to also not do something you will regret.
I can’t wait to continue this journey with all of you. God bless!
“Love the Lord, all his saints! The Lord preserves the faithful but the proud he pays back in full. Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.” – Psalm 31:23-24