Christmas is coming up (63 more days!) so it’s time to make my Christmas list. In order to assist my mother, I am including links which you are all free to explore! :)
Something to wear
Something you need
Something you want
Something to read
What are some things on your Christmas Wish List? Let me know! I would love to hear from you!
Hey, everyone! How was your Christmas break? Mine was wonderful even though we didn’t get to spend Christmas with our extended family. The beach was beautiful and so were the sunsets.
Can you believe it’s 2016 already! The months just flew by.
I hope this year is a great one for all of you and I hope that your New Year Resolutions are conquered. ;)
Happy New Year!
Christmas is just around the corner and you still have people that you need to gift. Well, never fear because I have 3 last minute gift ideas that don’t take much time to make but are very cute and guaranteed to be awesome. ;)
1. Sharpie Decorated Mugs
I made and gave some mugs to my family last year. I used white mugs from Target. When I got home, I cut out the size of the letters that I wanted and taped it to the mug. I used Write Dudes Permanent Metallic Markers to dot around the “stencil”. When I finished drawing the way I liked it, I took off the paper stencil and baked the mug for 30 minutes in the oven at 350 F. When the 30 minutes were over, I let the mugs cool before I wrapped them. My family loved these mugs. *I suggest hand washing the mugs so that the color won’t come off. :) *
2. Homemade Sugar Scrubs
I mentioned this scrub before but I wanted to bring it up again because scrubs really do make great gifts. :) I followed the instructions on this pin to make the DIY Honey and Brown Sugar Scrub and loved it! If there are leftovers, you can save it in a jar in the fridge for a couple of days. I also made a peach scrub (pictured above) that worked great as well.
This one is kind self-explanatory but for this painting, I used different shades of blue paint to paint the words Faith, Hope, and Love and painted them like this journal. I made this painting for multiple people and they all loved it. You can paint a picture or a quote, anything that reminds you of the person you are giving the gift to. I’m positive they will love it. :)
Did you try any of the ideas above? How did they turn out? What are you looking forward to most about Christmas? Let me know in the comments below. :)
This November was so much fun and I had tons of fun coming up with this month’s Top 10.
10. Apple Cider – A great apply drink to warm you up.
9. Pink Fuzzy Slippers – These fuzzy slippers warm my toes, fighting off the cold.
8. Sparkly Pens – I love pens and these pens cheer me up and keep me going through the cloudy days with their sparkly-ness.
7. Christmas Music – Who doesn’t like Christmas music?! Carol of the Bells (Piano Guys), Something about December (Christina Perri), Run Rudolph Run (Chuck Berry) and It’s Christmas (Jessie James Decker) are among my favorites during the upcoming Christmas season.
6. Two Dots (App) – A Candy Crush type game that takes you on an adventure to conquer the dots. (Get it on the app store)
5. Tennis – I started taking tennis lessons this November and I love it! I’m not the best player, but I’m learning!
4. Pink Chiffon Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer – Ok, I know. This isn’t a fall thing or Christmasy but it smells good. :)
3. NaNoWriMo – November was National Novel Writing Month and I got really into writing. I started a novel but didn’t finish it. NaNoWriMo was really fun!
2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Coffee Cream – This is something for those mocha lovers (like me) This cream is super good and tastes exactly like chocolate chip cookies! I look forward to having this in my coffee every morning.
1. Warm Fires with the Family – This November, I had so much fun spending time with my family in front of a warm fire. I can’t wait to spend more time with the family during December!
What were your favorite things about November? What are you looking forward to in December?
Is it just me or is Christmas getting earlier and earlier each year? I went to the mall today and they already have Christmas decorations! I also noticed that many people have put up their Christmas trees! Remember the times when people didn’t start putting out the Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving? Pretty soon there will be Christmas decorations up all year! (Okay, maybe that’s a little exaggerated.)
I always look forward to November. My favorite part of November is Thanksgiving and Family. It’s a great time to be thankful for all we have.
My challenge for you this month is to think about all you have that you would normally take for granted and be thankful for those things.
What are you looking forward to most in November? Let me know in the comments below.