Hey, everyone! Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Have you started making your shopping list? I’ve been planning with my family and I’m really excited to spend the holiday with all of my relatives. I always look forward to Thanksgiving day. Speaking of Thanksgiving, there are so many things to be thankful for! Here are 30 Things I’m Thankful For.
- God who has saved me despite the many times I’ve failed.
- My family who drives me crazy but I still love them.
- Friends who are open and accepting no matter what. The ones who encourage me to be my best every day and help me back up when I fall.
- Teachers who work with me to help me get better.
- Pastors who will sit with me and walk me through things I may not understand.
- Sunday School Leaders who have prayed for me and my family week after week.
- Military Families and others who work to keep our country safe.
- The changing of the seasons and the beauty that comes with each one.
- Vacations and the chance to have a break from the business of life.
- Flowers which always cheer me up.
- Surprise snail mail from family and friends.
- Heaters to keep my home warm.
- Socks to keep my feet warm (and for sliding around the floors).
- Education and the opportunity to learn.
- The wonderful food that my mom makes for me every day!
- Cameras and the chance to capture memories in a photo.
- Dishwashers! Because who wants to wash all of those pots?
- Sunday afternoons full of rest and reading.
- Little handwritten notes left in my lunchbox.
- Happy moments with family and friends.
- Clear nights full of stars and wonder.
- The experiences, both good and bad, that have helped me grow into who I am today.
- Failures that have helped me learn from my mistakes and encouraged me to do better.
- Technology that allows me to communicate with my family all across the world.
- Comfortable beds to sleep in!
- Family traditions and the memories that come with them.
- Books that come with great adventures!
- The authors who have inspired me to write.
- The many people who love me and pray for me.
- All of you who take the time to read my posts! Thank you so much!
What things are you thankful for? What are you looking forward to the most this Thanksgiving? I hope you have a great week!
Hello everyone! It’s been a while hasn’t it? I’m back and finished with all of my exams! Thanks to all of you for your patience and encouragement! It’s meant a lot to me. :)
In case you didn’t know why I was gone for so long, I had exams and needed to take a break from blogging to focus on studying, studying, and more studying. I’ve already gotten back some of my final grades and I’m very happy with them. I’m not sure I would have done as well if I hadn’t taken a break from blogging. As much as I’ve missed you all, I’m glad I took the break.
There’s lot of excitement today! Summer is officially here and I’m back to blogging again. YAY! I’ve got lots of fun things planned for the very near future so keep an eye out for some more blog posts and Youtube videos!
I’m super excited to be blogging again! Thanks again for all of the encouragement!
Hey, guys! How are you? It’s been a while since my last Writing Wednesday entry so I thought I would share one this week. This one is all about memories. :)
I remember the day when we laughed until our sides hurt and when we screamed with joy and made funny faces. I remember the day when we spent hours talking in different accents and dancing around the kitchen. The day when, as I went about my work, you were there making life fun. In those few moments, we were free. Now that we are older, those days are fewer, but I’m looking forward to the day when we can do these things again; when we can laugh until our sides hurt and when we can scream with joy. I can’t wait until the day when we can spend hours talking in different accents and dancing around the kitchen. May these memories forever be in our minds and the hope forever in our hearts.
February 20, 2017
Today’s Theme: Future
“You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens.” – Unknown –
“Many are the plans in a man’s heart but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” – Proverbs 19:21
As graduation crawls closer, people are always asking me what my plans are for the future. And the truth is, I don’t know and I don’t want to think about it. The future is a very scary thing for me, filled with uncertainty and unknowns. But as a Christian, I have to remind myself that I’m not in control; God is. So really, the future shouldn’t be that scary because God is already there. And that is a very calming thought.
Hey, everybody! I was nominated for the 2016/2017 Tag by Ally from Dreamers and Dancers.Be sure to check out her blog here and her version of the tag here. :)
* Sorry it took me so long to get to the tag!
Mention the creator of the tag (I don’t know who this is so…)
- Use the image that you find in this article
- Answer the questions given
- Mention the blogger who nominated you
Mention 9 bloggers/friends and let them know through a comment on their blog
*Blogger Note: I’m not going to tag anyone but if you want to do the 2016/2017 tag, feel free! *
Questions And Answers
- Describe your 2016 in 3 words. – Lessons, Different, New
- Write the names of 2 peoples who have influenced your 2016. – M encouraged me to go to school and to grow more in God’s love and R taught me that it’s important to always put God first.
- Write the most beautiful place you’ve visited and why you liked it so much. – The most beautiful place that I visited in 2016 was FL. I was able to watch some very pretty sunsets there! Plus, my grandparents were there so that was nice. :)
- Write the most delicious food you’ve tasted in 2016. – My mom’s food is always really good! I loved the chocolate pie that my mom made for Christmas.
- Which event has marked you more in 2016? (even a global event) – My birthday this past year was amazing! I loved it (mainly because my sister made me a Doctor Who themed birthday party)! :)
- Write the finest purchase you made in 2016, and link a photo. -I can’t think of anything that I bought this year so I’ll skip this question.
- Write 3 good intentions for 2017. – I plan to grow this year, become more organized, and cross off all of the things on my goal list. :)
- Write 1 place you want to visit in 2017. – I would love to visit my awesome cousins in London this year! E and D are amazing people and I would have a lot of fun exploring the city with them. :)
- Write 1 plate/food you want to eat in 2017. – I want to try pumpkin butter this year. I blogged about it here but I haven’t tried it yet!
Thanks again to Ally for tagging me! I had fun with this tag. :) Have a great day!
Hey, everyone! This is the second post you’ve seen this week! *gasp* Exciting? I think so. Any who-dos. :)
I’ve been nominated by Grace2610 to do the Unknown Blogger’s Challenge. Click here to see Grace’s version of the challenge. This challenge was created by Unfashionable Cupcake. Click here to see the rules of UBC.
The Questions (Answered)
- Why did you start your blog?
I started this blog, honestly, because it seemed like fun and a lot of my friends were starting blogs as well. I don’t regret it. Blogging is really fun for me and is relaxing especially during exam week (which is coming up soon. Pray for me)
- What has been your best experience of blogging so far?
One of the things that I find really cool is the fact that bloggers are so helpful. I haven’t met a blogger that wasn’t encouraging or willing to give me tips. I love the way we are connected as a blogging family.
- What is your hobby?
My hobby is baking. I’ve always loved baking and have made some lists of things that I’ve wanted to bake. Spending time in the kitchen with my family is one of my favorite ways to reconnect and recharge. :)
- What is your favorite color and why?
My favorite color is pink. It used to be lavender but as I grew older, I started liking pink more and more. If I had to pick a shade of pink to be my favorite, I would have to pick watermelon pink. I think it’s a happy color and goes great with orange (another one of my favorite colors).
- What is/are your favorite school subject(s)?
My favorite subject in school is Web Design. I love typing out lines of code and then that code actually making something cool. It’s really fun!
- What is your favorite shop to go to?
Bath and Body Works. Absolutely. I love going with my friends and smelling all of the different lotions and candles. We can’t stay in too long though or we won’t be able to tell which scent is which but I love it. :)
- What is your dream for your future?
I’ve always wanted to live in a big city, right downtown in the midst of everything. I love the busyness and all of the different shops and buildings on the street. And the lights at night are just beautiful!
My Questions For You.
- Why did you start your blog?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- If you could ask for anything in the world and be guaranteed to receive it, what would you ask for?
- What is your happy place?
- What would you like to change about the world?
- Name one thing that you would like to do by next year.
Tag, You’re It!
I tag anyone who is an “Unknown Blogger” (a blogger with less than 100 followers).
I also tag anyone who wants to answer any or all of the questions for you because, I know, this is fun. :)
Be sure to check Unfashionable Cupcakes for rules! Also, if you complete (or don’t complete) this challenge, let me know in the comments below! :)