Hey, guys! How are you? It’s been a while since my last Writing Wednesday entry so I thought I would share one this week. This one is all about memories. :)
I remember the day when we laughed until our sides hurt and when we screamed with joy and made funny faces. I remember the day when we spent hours talking in different accents and dancing around the kitchen. The day when, as I went about my work, you were there making life fun. In those few moments, we were free. Now that we are older, those days are fewer, but I’m looking forward to the day when we can do these things again; when we can laugh until our sides hurt and when we can scream with joy. I can’t wait until the day when we can spend hours talking in different accents and dancing around the kitchen. May these memories forever be in our minds and the hope forever in our hearts.
Hey, guys! Happy March! The weather outside is beautiful and I’m so ready for Spring Break! February was full of fun adventures and memories. I can’t believe it all went by so quickly!
February started off great with my birthday! I hosted a vision board party, hosting two things off of my goals list for this year. I had a lot of fun hanging out with my friends and family. Shout-out to my wonderful mother who created a huge meal of tiny sandwiches for my birthday lunch!
A couple days later, I went to watch the play from my high school! It was a lot of fun and I saw a bunch of people that I know (shout-out to M, A, M, L, and H).
On the 11th, I headed over to the park with my sister to walk around and take pictures. It was so beautiful outside and it seemed that everyone was out enjoying the weather! The light reflecting off the water took my breath away. Plus, there were so many dogs – an extra bonus! ;)
Valentines Day came and went without a mishap. My sisters and I made breakfast in bed for my mom and we each got a little bouquet of flowers from our dad. On the 16th, I spent the day writing letters and making cards for my friends and family. And the next day, I went to my first college visit – very exciting.
Then came the big mountain trip! We spent three days in the cool weather with rivers and plenty of trees to sit by. (I even made a video about it. Watch it here.) I ended up spending a lot of time writing which was really fun for me. It’s been a while since I’ve taken the time to let my dreams take shape in writing form. ;) Our short trip in the mountains was a fun one and I can’t wait to go back.
February closed with lots of flowers; flowers in my friends’ hair, flowers in vases, flowers outside, flowers everywhere! I love how such little things like flowers can brighten up the world. :)
I also tried to continue the Photo A Day Challenge this month but then I missed a day. Still, I was able to take some really pretty pictures. Here are some of my favorites. :)
Other Things I Loved
Beautiful right? How was your February? Is the weather getting warmer where you are?
Hey everyone! I just wanted to make a quick update to let you guys know that the blog change is complete! I officially blog on Happily Abi.
Here’s what my blog looked like before:
And here’s what my blog looks like now:
I added a header, lightened the colors a bit, and changed the fonts slightly. I love how it looks now!
I’m so excited to continue this journey with you all!
Have a great day!
Hey everyone! I was tagged by Jane from Frosting Fashion to complete the Fun Question Tag. You can find her blog here and her post of the tag here.
- When is your birthday? – February 4th
- What are three of your favorite colors? – Pink, orange, and pale green
- Favorite quotes? – “Writing is a way of talking without being interrupted.” ~ Jules Renard and “We make a living by what we do, but we make a life by what we give.” ~ Winston Churchill and “The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem.” ~ Captain Jack Sparrow
- Are you addicted to youtube? – No. I don’t watch Youtube as much as I used to.
- What/who are your 3 favorite TV programs and/or youtubers? – I like Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Once Upon A Time. And for youtubers, I watch Studio C, Eleventh Gorgeous, and Classy Whale.
- What are 3 qualities you would admire in a best friend? – “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” ~ William Shakespeare. The only thing I would add is that a friend should help you grow in Jesus Christ.
- Do you like your name? – Yes! I love my name. :)
- If you could choose your own name, what name would you choose? – Well, I’ve always liked the name Emily so I guess I would choose that.
- What is your fantasy dream? – Um hmm. I’m not sure. XD
- Do you wear makeup? – I do sometimes but not that often. Mostly I just save it for special occasions.
- If you could write a book, what would the title be and what would it be about? – I love writing so this is something I have planned. I call it, “I don’t know the title yet but I had a dream about this once and that’s how I got the idea“. :P It’s about a fairy that lives in a tree and is assigned to protect the family that lives nearby from the time-traveling, children-stealing, grizzly-bear looking monsters that inhabit the woods across the street.
- What makes you cry? – Lots of things. I mostly cry during sad movies especially when someone either dies or has to say goodbye to the one they love.
- What makes you angry? – Injustice, losing important things, not being believed in.
- What makes you happy? – Family! And food and church and laughing and blogging and 50 other things that you can find here.
- What is ‘fangirling’? – Fangirling is when one finds something that they absolutely love, mainly from one of their fandoms, and they go crazy because that thing is super amazing.
- What are your 3 favorite snacks? – M&Ms, apples, and cookies.
- What are your 3 favorite foods? – My mom’s potatoes, my Oma’s meatballs, and my sister’s lemon cake. :)
- What are your favorite drinks? – Ice tea! And also coke.
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? – I’m a homeschool student taking online classes at Veritas Press Scholars Academy. I have been blogging since October of 2014. I play piano and I am currently writing music with one of my best friends.
- What are 10 random facts about you? – 1) My hair is naturally curly. 2) I have two sisters. 3) My favorite subject is Web Design followed closely by French and English. 4) I love chocolate chip cookies. 5) I collect pens. 6) I think Lindsey Stirling is amazing. 7) So are the Piano Guys. 8) My personality type is INFP. 9) Spending a rainy day, sitting by a window, reading a good book, listening to music, and drinking tea is my idea of a perfect day. 10) My favorite Bible verse is Proverbs 21:31.
- What are 3 fun things to do? – Spend time with family and friends, have random dance parties, and traveling.
Tag You’re It!
I tag anyone who wants to do this tag. It was really fun.
Thanks again to Jane for tagging me! I hope you all have a great day! :)
Hey everyone! How was your week? This week I focused a lot on de-stressing and doing things that make me happy. With that in mind, I came up with a list of 50 things that make me happy. So here we go. :)
My favorite song • The wind on a warm day • Hot tea • Family around the table • A good book • Silver lining on the clouds • Pens • Texts from friends • A new notebook • Waking up and realizing that you don’t have school • Weekends • Finding money in my pockets • Feeling loved • Long conversations with my best friend • The smell of the rain • Encouraging Bible verses • Candles • Waves crashing against the sand • Snail mail • Surprise visits • Warm towels • Hot fires • Big sweaters • Blue skies • Remembering the lyrics to a song you haven’t heard in a while • Homemade cookies • Birthdays • Old pictures • Clean laundry • Watching fireworks • Sunsets • Walks on the beach • Simple compliments • Dressing up • Long hugs • Finding the perfect gift for a friend • Traveling • Being with family • Accomplishing a goal • Letting my hair down after a long day • Mom’s cooking • Good movies • New clothes • Books • My pets • Coming home • Walks in the park • A starry night • Painted nails • Church on Sundays
If you read through all of that, *highfive* and here’s a sticker. :) It’s actually not as long as I thought it was going to be. And most of the things are simple, so there really isn’t an excuse for me not being happy now, hehe. Anyways,
What are some things that make you happy? Let me know! I’d love to hear from you.
*note: the picture is not mine*
Hi again! The amazing Grace from PaperClipsandPins nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog Award”! If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, click here to read her posts.
- Thank the Person Who Nominated You.
- Add a Picture to Your Post.
- Share 7 Facts About Yourself.
- Nominate Others to do the Award. (Up to 15)
- Include the Set of Rules.
- Inform Your Nominees.
- My birthday is this month.
- I am taking French, Spanish, and English this year.
- The beach is my happy place.
- My favorite color is pink. :)
- My favorite tea at the moment is Peppermint Tea.
- My personality type is INFP.
- I have been blogging for a year and half.
Thanks again to Grace for the nomination! I hope you all have a great week!
Hey, everyone! This is the second post you’ve seen this week! *gasp* Exciting? I think so. Any who-dos. :)
I’ve been nominated by Grace2610 to do the Unknown Blogger’s Challenge. Click here to see Grace’s version of the challenge. This challenge was created by Unfashionable Cupcake. Click here to see the rules of UBC.
The Questions (Answered)
- Why did you start your blog?
I started this blog, honestly, because it seemed like fun and a lot of my friends were starting blogs as well. I don’t regret it. Blogging is really fun for me and is relaxing especially during exam week (which is coming up soon. Pray for me)
- What has been your best experience of blogging so far?
One of the things that I find really cool is the fact that bloggers are so helpful. I haven’t met a blogger that wasn’t encouraging or willing to give me tips. I love the way we are connected as a blogging family.
- What is your hobby?
My hobby is baking. I’ve always loved baking and have made some lists of things that I’ve wanted to bake. Spending time in the kitchen with my family is one of my favorite ways to reconnect and recharge. :)
- What is your favorite color and why?
My favorite color is pink. It used to be lavender but as I grew older, I started liking pink more and more. If I had to pick a shade of pink to be my favorite, I would have to pick watermelon pink. I think it’s a happy color and goes great with orange (another one of my favorite colors).
- What is/are your favorite school subject(s)?
My favorite subject in school is Web Design. I love typing out lines of code and then that code actually making something cool. It’s really fun!
- What is your favorite shop to go to?
Bath and Body Works. Absolutely. I love going with my friends and smelling all of the different lotions and candles. We can’t stay in too long though or we won’t be able to tell which scent is which but I love it. :)
- What is your dream for your future?
I’ve always wanted to live in a big city, right downtown in the midst of everything. I love the busyness and all of the different shops and buildings on the street. And the lights at night are just beautiful!
My Questions For You.
- Why did you start your blog?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- If you could ask for anything in the world and be guaranteed to receive it, what would you ask for?
- What is your happy place?
- What would you like to change about the world?
- Name one thing that you would like to do by next year.
Tag, You’re It!
I tag anyone who is an “Unknown Blogger” (a blogger with less than 100 followers).
I also tag anyone who wants to answer any or all of the questions for you because, I know, this is fun. :)
Be sure to check Unfashionable Cupcakes for rules! Also, if you complete (or don’t complete) this challenge, let me know in the comments below! :)
Happy New Year!
So as you might have noticed, my blog has a new look. With the new year, my blog got a new look. It looks great if I do say so myself. :)
New Years are great for remembering the past and looking forward to the future, to reflect on what you learned and make goals for the future. I have a good feeling about this new year: 2015. I feel that this year will have something special in store for all of us. And with that said, I want to challenge all of you to make today better than yesterday but to also not do something you will regret.
I can’t wait to continue this journey with all of you. God bless!
“Love the Lord, all his saints! The Lord preserves the faithful but the proud he pays back in full. Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.” – Psalm 31:23-24
Every once in a while, we feel down. We can’t laugh at the things we normally do. And sometimes, we don’t even know why this happens. Here are my top 5 ways to get happy fast.
1) Smile. 😄 Smiling tells everyone else that you are happy. Sometimes you have to trick yourself and pretend you are happy even when you’re not.
2) Listen to happy, upbeat music. This one is pretty obvious but it works. I suggest Phillip Phillips, Jason Castro, or Michael Buble.
3) Make a list of everything that was good that day. Whenever we get into that depression state of mind, we tend to think of the negatives in life and not the positives. Turn your mind around and think of all the good things that happened that day. When I’m doing this, I try to come up with at least 30 things that went well. If I can’t think of some, I sit there until I can. Even if it’s little things like ‘I woke up this morning.’ Or ‘I had breakfast this morning.’ Just write and focus on the good.
4) Do something you love. For me, this would be writing. But maybe you don’t like writing, that’s okay, do something you really enjoy, like singing, playing an instrument, running, or drawing.
5) Take a bubble bath/warm shower. The warm water or the relaxedness of the bubbles will calm you down and give you a clear mind. Clear minds = happy thoughts. :)
There you go! If you try any of these suggestions or if you have some suggestions you would want to give, let me know in the comments below.