Hello everyone! As I mentioned earlier, I had the chance to go to Peru for 8 days with my school. I got back a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing! I loved the country, loved the people, loved the culture.
Headed to Lima
Traveling to Lima wasn’t as stressful as I thought it was going to be. And of course, it helped to have friends coming along to have conversations with as we waited in the airport. The flight itself wasn’t too bad either. I had a chance to have a long conversation with a Pastor who was going as a missionary to Peru! It was really encouraging to meet another believer who was so passionate about his faith.
City on the Beach
Our first full day in Peru was spent in Lima.We spent the day walking on the beach and seeing the views from the city above the hills.
Mountains and Culture
Seeing the culture in Peru was really interesting. The markets were crazy busy with people calling out their products as you walk by. With so much going on, sometimes it got overwhelming. But, the people were so nice and just beautiful, especially patient with my broken Spanish. The nature in Peru was probably my favorite part. The flowers bloomed everywhere and the clouds drew attention to the greatness of the mountains.
Machu Picchu and the Sun Gate
Machu Picchu was absolutely breath-taking. The hike up to the Sun Gate was pretty tough but the view was worth the hike. We also got to see some llamas so that was fun!
Lake Titicaca was also really beautiful. I loved seeing how life worked on the floating islands. The weather was perfect and, of course, the boat ride out to the islands was beautiful as well.
I’m so glad that I took the opportunity to go to Peru with my school. I loved getting to see the beauty in Peru and getting to know the people better.
Hey, everyone! Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Have you started making your shopping list? I’ve been planning with my family and I’m really excited to spend the holiday with all of my relatives. I always look forward to Thanksgiving day. Speaking of Thanksgiving, there are so many things to be thankful for! Here are 30 Things I’m Thankful For.
- God who has saved me despite the many times I’ve failed.
- My family who drives me crazy but I still love them.
- Friends who are open and accepting no matter what. The ones who encourage me to be my best every day and help me back up when I fall.
- Teachers who work with me to help me get better.
- Pastors who will sit with me and walk me through things I may not understand.
- Sunday School Leaders who have prayed for me and my family week after week.
- Military Families and others who work to keep our country safe.
- The changing of the seasons and the beauty that comes with each one.
- Vacations and the chance to have a break from the business of life.
- Flowers which always cheer me up.
- Surprise snail mail from family and friends.
- Heaters to keep my home warm.
- Socks to keep my feet warm (and for sliding around the floors).
- Education and the opportunity to learn.
- The wonderful food that my mom makes for me every day!
- Cameras and the chance to capture memories in a photo.
- Dishwashers! Because who wants to wash all of those pots?
- Sunday afternoons full of rest and reading.
- Little handwritten notes left in my lunchbox.
- Happy moments with family and friends.
- Clear nights full of stars and wonder.
- The experiences, both good and bad, that have helped me grow into who I am today.
- Failures that have helped me learn from my mistakes and encouraged me to do better.
- Technology that allows me to communicate with my family all across the world.
- Comfortable beds to sleep in!
- Family traditions and the memories that come with them.
- Books that come with great adventures!
- The authors who have inspired me to write.
- The many people who love me and pray for me.
- All of you who take the time to read my posts! Thank you so much!
What things are you thankful for? What are you looking forward to the most this Thanksgiving? I hope you have a great week!