A blank sheet of paper.
Oh, the possibilities
That lie within my mind.
I’m afraid to write
For once the ink is applied,
There is no going back.
So I think this poem needs a little bit of an explanation. I wrote this poem way back in June. I attempted to write letters to friends but never did because I didn’t know what to say, how to say it, or why I wanted to write them in the first place. This poem came out of the struggle of not being able to make up my mind. :) Anyway, that’s the story! Stay happy. :)
Hey, everyone! Tessa from Writer’s Ink created a new challenge! Be sure to check out Tessa’s blog here. (She’s awesome; you’ll love it!)
- Thank your nominator
- Answer at least 8 questions about writing
- Nominate at least 5 people
Question and Answer
- When did you first start writing? – I started writing around August of 2013 or 2014. I had just finished the Gallagher Girls series and it inspired me to write!
- Have you always been interested in writing? – I always liked writing but I didn’t actually consider myself a writer until I started buckling down and getting writing done.
- Why do you like writing? – I love writing because it’s a great way to express your feelings and thoughts without stuttering through the words.
- What genre do you write in? – Realistic Fiction and Poetry
- Who or what motivates you to write? – I have a friend, H, who is an AMAZING writer! She inspires me to write; her own writing is enough motivation. :)
- Do you write poetry? – Absolutely! I love poetry; it’s my favorite way of writing.
- Have you ever written a story with a friend? – No, but that would be really fun!
- How do you write your stories (first person, third person)? – First person always.
- Meg from MegCathWrites
- Vivian from Writing With Style
- Alexis from Coast To Coast With Alexis
- Anna from Diversion3000
- Hanne from RocksAnd Minerals 4 Him
A big thank you to Tessa for creating this challenge! It was a lot of fun! To those who were nominated, be sure to link your version of this challenge down below so I can check it out! :) Have a great day!
P.S. I was thinking about adding a poetry/writing section to my blog. What do you think? Let me know in the comments down below!
Hey, everyone! October has (almost) ended and I couldn’t be happier because that means that we are one month closer to Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years! Yay! This month has been super busy but I have loved every little bit of it. I took some big steps and stretched myself by doing things I didn’t think I would ever do (like going to my FIRST DANCE). This month also included my 2-year blogiversary! (read more about that here)
- Blackout poetry – Blackout poetry was something that I found on Pinterest and wanted to try. It is relaxing to me somehow and I like making new things out of older ones so this is perfect.
- Getting 200 followers! – I reached 200! This makes me so happy that there are so many people that are willing to read my blog posts and take the time to listen. Many many thanks to all of you!
- My first homecoming dance! – I went to my very first dance a couple of weeks ago and I am SO glad I went! I was invited by two friends of mine to go with a bigger group to dinner the day of the dance but when the reservations were messed up, we decided to go together. We were also able to convince three more of our friends to go with us. We had a blast! My tip for your first dance: don’t make any kind of expectations beforehand. This helped me to relax and be flexible.
- Gigi’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcake – There are cookies. There are cookie doughs. And there are cupcakes. But this, this is heaven or really close to it. If there is a Gigi’s Cupcakery close to you, you NEED to try this!
- Posh Thomas Kinkade Painter Of Light Coloring Book – My grandparents gave this coloring book to me and I think it’s really cool. I like seeing the original picture with the coloring page.
- Celebrating my 2-year blogiversary! – My mother was AMAZING and cleared out her whole day just to make me a pie and decorate the kitchen for my blogiversary. (read more about my journey here)
- Sundress by Landon Austin (song)
- Alone by Marshmello (song)
- Yesterday’s Song by Hunter Hayes (song)
- 1 John 2:2 – “He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.”
How was your October? Do you have any plans for November?