March 27, 2017
Today’s Theme: Trust
“Worrying doesn’t change anything but trusting in God changes everything.” – Unknown
“When I am afraid, I put my trust in You.” – Psalm 56:3
Trust is one of the most important things in a relationship. It’s the same for our relationship with God. We have to learn to trust Him and His plans for our lives. That’s my challenge for you this week. :)
Happy New Year! Can you believe it’s 2017?! It’s gone by way too fast. But then again, I say that every year. You’d think I’d be used to time changing by now.
Okay, so I’m going to start off by saying I don’t like using the word “resolutions”. I feel like they should be more of goals because it doesn’t matter to me whether I meet them or not, as long as there are progress and growth.
With that “mini-rant” out of the way, here are my 2017 New Year Goals. My theme for 2017 is growth so this year I’m making goals that will hopefully help me better myself.
Every once in a while, we feel down. We can’t laugh at the things we normally do. And sometimes, we don’t even know why this happens. Here are my top 5 ways to get happy fast.
1) Smile. 😄 Smiling tells everyone else that you are happy. Sometimes you have to trick yourself and pretend you are happy even when you’re not.
2) Listen to happy, upbeat music. This one is pretty obvious but it works. I suggest Phillip Phillips, Jason Castro, or Michael Buble.
3) Make a list of everything that was good that day. Whenever we get into that depression state of mind, we tend to think of the negatives in life and not the positives. Turn your mind around and think of all the good things that happened that day. When I’m doing this, I try to come up with at least 30 things that went well. If I can’t think of some, I sit there until I can. Even if it’s little things like ‘I woke up this morning.’ Or ‘I had breakfast this morning.’ Just write and focus on the good.
4) Do something you love. For me, this would be writing. But maybe you don’t like writing, that’s okay, do something you really enjoy, like singing, playing an instrument, running, or drawing.
5) Take a bubble bath/warm shower. The warm water or the relaxedness of the bubbles will calm you down and give you a clear mind. Clear minds = happy thoughts. :)
There you go! If you try any of these suggestions or if you have some suggestions you would want to give, let me know in the comments below.