July has been an amazing but busy month. My family spent two weeks with my grandparents and a couple of weeks at camps. This past month went by really fast. So without further ado, (and before the month of August passes), here are my top ten favorites from July.
10. Christy and Todd Series – I love this series. My sister got the first Christy Miller Collection Book for Christmas and we have been hooked ever since. They are great Christian books and totally relatable. My favorite book from the series is book number 3, “I Promise”.
9. “What Happens When Young Women Say Yes to God.” Devotional Book – My mom gave my sisters and me a devotional book to read this vacation and I love mine. It is a great devotional about saying yes to God and living an extraordinary life as a result of following His will.
8. Sierra Jensen Collection – Like the Christy series, the Sierra collection is totally relatable. I read both volume 1 and volume 2 and they are both great. I love reading about Christy’s friend’s life and reading the parts of Christy’s life that were left out of some of her books.
7. Puzzles – During the rainy days of my vacation, my family and I played lots of puzzles. It was a great way to get to know each other and spend time with each other.
6. Journal – I always like to remember the things that have happened during a trip or vacation. I was very glad that I remembered to take my journal with me during my two-week trip.
5. Spending Time with my Sisters – Whether it was in the pool or in the car or at home, I loved being able to spend time with my sisters. I missed hearing what was going on in their lives and just hanging out with them, something I can’t do during the school year.
4. Mother and Daughter Day Out – My mom and I were able to spend a day together and it was really nice. I loved being able to talk with her without my sisters there to interrupt us all the time.
3. Brownie Cookies – During this vacation, my family and I went to visit another family so we decided to bake cookies but instead of individual round cookies, we made brownie cookies. I made regular cookie dough but instead of scooping them, I put all of the dough into a rectangular cake pan. After the giant cookie was done baking, we cut it into individual squares. Both of our families really liked them and because the texture of the cookies was more like brownies, they were called “cookie brownies”.
2. Spending Time with my Opa and Oma – I was able to spend two weeks with my grandparents and it was really nice because I don’t get to see them very much. It was great being able to talk to them and do things with them that I don’t normally get a chance to do.
1. Seeing Turtles Hatch – This was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I was so glad I had the chance to experience. The turtles were so cute and I was amazed at how they knew where to go. Click here to view the post. :)