Hey, everyone! How are you? November flew by so quickly! But it’s December so that’s awesome! Anyway, here are some of the things I did this month and my favorite memories. :)
- Thanksgiving with the family – Thanksgiving was a couple of days ago and it was awesome! My family hosted Thanksgiving lunch/dinner. My sister baked four different desserts and my mom made a huge turkey so I have lots of lucnhes for the next week.
- Field Trip with my Photography class – This month I went on a field trip to uptown with my photography class. I had so much fun hanging out with all of my classmates and taking pictures around the city. (Here’s the post I wrote on it.)
- My writing club – I joined a writing club at my school earlier this year. I was really nervous because I don’t normally share my creative writing but the group was really kind about everything and encouraged me to continue writing.
- Hanging with my Acafam – This month I had a big acappella performance and it was awesome!
- Self Portrait project – My photography teacher challenged our class to a 21 day self portrait story. Every day we had to take a picture of ourselves that told a story of another person and how they had changed us, challenged us, taught us ect. It was really hard for me but it was a lot of fun.
- Christmas Tree Shopping! – Every year, the day after Thanksgiving, my whole family goes to by a Christmas tree and then we come home and decorate it all together. It’s one of the things that I look forward to every winter. But there was something about this year that made the special “tree-day” better than the past ones. :)
- Hobby Lobby – I stopped by Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago to pick up some things for the upcoming giveaway (!!!) and saw some really cute things! I need to go to craft stores more often.
- Ding Dong Merrily On High by Rend Collective (song)
- Jesus, Savior by Chris August (song)
- Psalm 1:1-3 – “Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither – whatever they do prospers.”
How was your November? What are you looking foward to this December? (Besides Christmas of course) I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Hey, everyone! October has (almost) ended and I couldn’t be happier because that means that we are one month closer to Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years! Yay! This month has been super busy but I have loved every little bit of it. I took some big steps and stretched myself by doing things I didn’t think I would ever do (like going to my FIRST DANCE). This month also included my 2-year blogiversary! (read more about that here)
- Blackout poetry – Blackout poetry was something that I found on Pinterest and wanted to try. It is relaxing to me somehow and I like making new things out of older ones so this is perfect.
- Getting 200 followers! – I reached 200! This makes me so happy that there are so many people that are willing to read my blog posts and take the time to listen. Many many thanks to all of you!
- My first homecoming dance! – I went to my very first dance a couple of weeks ago and I am SO glad I went! I was invited by two friends of mine to go with a bigger group to dinner the day of the dance but when the reservations were messed up, we decided to go together. We were also able to convince three more of our friends to go with us. We had a blast! My tip for your first dance: don’t make any kind of expectations beforehand. This helped me to relax and be flexible.
- Gigi’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcake – There are cookies. There are cookie doughs. And there are cupcakes. But this, this is heaven or really close to it. If there is a Gigi’s Cupcakery close to you, you NEED to try this!
- Posh Thomas Kinkade Painter Of Light Coloring Book – My grandparents gave this coloring book to me and I think it’s really cool. I like seeing the original picture with the coloring page.
- Celebrating my 2-year blogiversary! – My mother was AMAZING and cleared out her whole day just to make me a pie and decorate the kitchen for my blogiversary. (read more about my journey here)
- Sundress by Landon Austin (song)
- Alone by Marshmello (song)
- Yesterday’s Song by Hunter Hayes (song)
- 1 John 2:2 – “He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.”
How was your October? Do you have any plans for November?
Hey everyone! How are you all? I am doing great! Ready for school to start soon? I’m so excited! Before we get to that, let me take a minute to think back on this past month.
Hey, everybody! So this week I went to a Hillsong Concert and it was a blast!
The Christian band played a couple of songs before breaking for messages. Compassion International played a short video about a child who needed and received a sponsor. It was a touching video and I was glad to see so many people asking for sponsor cards. After the messages, Paster Brian Houston presented a message about happiness. While I didn’t agree with some of the points he made, I feel that it was a good message for those just starting out in the Christian faith. The night ended with a praise dance party. It was a blast and my friends and I enjoyed dancing to songs like Relentless and Wake. The concert was a lot of fun and I am glad that I went. I would go again if I had the chance and I was grateful that I was able to spend that night with two of my amazing friends.