Hello everyone! Do you know what I love about summer? S’mores! And what’s better than s’mores? I don’t know but if you figure it out, let me know. ;) Here are five S’more treats that are to die for!
- S’mores Macarons – I’ve never met a person who wasn’t a fan of macarons. They’re just so good! Olivia did a great post on how to make S’mores Macarons on her blog, Live for Cake. I need to get my sister to make these!
- S’mores Fudge Bars – Tessa from Handle the Heat shared this recipe for s’mores fudge bars that look amazing. Plus, there’s fudge! Yum. :)
- S’mores Stuffed Cookies – Amanda from Cookie Named Desire describes these cookies so well: “Your favorite campfire treat gets an upgrade with this gooey, cookie recipe. S’mores stuffed cookies are filled with graham crackers and chocolate, then stuffed with gooey marshmallows for the ultimate s’mores dessert.” To which I would respond, yum!
- S’mores Pancakes – These pancakes from Krissy’s blog Self Proclaimed Foodie look amazing! I’ll have to make these the next time my friends come over.
- S’mores Popcorn – Popcorn is perfect for an on-the-go snack. I think this is something I could bring hiking or on a road trip.
Do you love s’mores? Have you tried any of these recipes or anything similar? Leave a comment down below! I’d love to hear from you. :)
Happy Best Friends Day everyone! I hope you get to spend some time with all of your friends today but, if not, here’s a list of 23 things you can do with your friends this summer! :)
- Hang out at the pool.
- Have a friends photoshoot.
- Volunteer somewhere together for the day.
- Road trip!
- Go horseback riding.
- Attend a floating lantern festival.
- Make homemade icecream.
- Have a paint fight.
- Go camping together.
- Have a weeklong sleepover.
- Go thrift shopping together.
- Make a friendship playlist.
- Make friendship bracelets.
- Have a picnic.
- Start a book club together.
- Go to a music festival.
- Try out new crafts.
- Play with animals at a local shelter.
- Make a summer scrapbook.
- Go hiking to a waterfall.
- Tie-dye shirts.
- Go back to school shopping together!
I can’t wait to try all of these things out with my friends! I know it’ll be a lot of fun. :) If you try any of the things listed with your friends, let me know in the comments. I’d love to hear from you! :) Have an amazing day!
Hello, everyone! Let’s talk about May. The last month of school. Crazy and utterly exhausting but SO full of happy memories! In a way, I miss it but at the same time, I’m so glad it’s over!
The first week of May was full of happy friend memories. One of my best friends made me a beautiful pillow in between her study times. How she did it, I have no idea, but it’s beautiful and I love it so much! AP exams weren’t fun but it came with excused absenses and trips to Aldi’s to get ice cream. My 6 friends and I shared a whole tub of ice cream and it was amazing! A couple of days later, I started my new bullet journal!
For Mother’s Day, my family and I took a trip to the mountains for the weekend. It was beautiful and a great way to spend the day celebrating my mom. We were even able to see a couple of geese in the river!
Next came a couple of pool parties with some amazing friends! My sister celebrated a birthday with some of her friends. Then I hosted a couple of last minute parties with my friends before school ended. I loved hanging out with everyone and can’t wait to make more memories with them this summer! Then came May 25. The day my exams started. I had my French exam first and did pretty well! After that, I had 3 more exams, British Literature, Chemistry, and Spanish. My last exam was yesterday! So glad to be done! :)
Other Things I Loved
- Smores Frappuccino from Starbucks (all time fav!)
- All of the blooming flowers!
- Celebration donuts at the end of exams!
- Getting our piano tuned
- And then having a mini concert :)
How was your May? What are you looking forward to in June? I’d love to hear from you! :)
Hello everyone! It’s been a while hasn’t it? I’m back and finished with all of my exams! Thanks to all of you for your patience and encouragement! It’s meant a lot to me. :)
In case you didn’t know why I was gone for so long, I had exams and needed to take a break from blogging to focus on studying, studying, and more studying. I’ve already gotten back some of my final grades and I’m very happy with them. I’m not sure I would have done as well if I hadn’t taken a break from blogging. As much as I’ve missed you all, I’m glad I took the break.
There’s lot of excitement today! Summer is officially here and I’m back to blogging again. YAY! I’ve got lots of fun things planned for the very near future so keep an eye out for some more blog posts and Youtube videos!
I’m super excited to be blogging again! Thanks again for all of the encouragement!
Hey, everyone! So I know it’s fall for a lot of you but I wanted to squeeze this post in before my blog feed blows up with fall pictures and pumpkin recipes. Here’s what I read this summer. :)
1. The Chronicles Of Kings Series by Lynn Austin
“Don’t be fooled by strength you can see,” he said at last. “Yahweh often hides His power in the simple things, the weak things, and so His strength seems foolish in man’s eyes.”
― Lynn Austin, Gods and Kings
I read this series a couple of years ago and loved it. When I found these books again, I knew I had to read them again. I always get a new perspective when I re-read books. This time, I found a ton of quotes that I really needed to hear. These books are definitely a recommendation!
2. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
“No horse jokes,” he said.
“My lord, I apologize for the horse joke. If you put down the book—unharmed!—I will give you a carrot.”
He brandished the book at her. “Was that a horse joke?”
“Was that a horse joke?”
― Cynthia Hand, My Lady Jane
A must read, My Lady Jane is a funny twist on British history. I loved how funny it was and how easily it switch POVs among the chapters. Everyone should read this book.
3. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
“Words can be like X-rays if you use them properly — they’ll go through anything. You read and you’re pierced.”
— Aldous Huxley (Brave New World)
This book was part of my summer reading for school and honestly, I thought it was a little weird. Okay, a lot weird. BUT, the discussions we’re having in class about this book are actually really interesting. Still, this isn’t a book I would read in my free time.
4. Katie Weldon Series by Robin Jones Gunn
“Katie wondered for a moment if part of the reason so many of the young women she knew who had poor self-esteem ended up that way because they had spent their lives gazing at themselves in a mirror instead of being the mirror others gazed into.”
― Robin Jones Gunn, Finally and Forever
I loved the Christy Miller Series by Robin Jones Gunn. When I found out about the Katie Weldon series, I was so excited to read the books. These books are fantastic!
Have you read any of these books? What books did you read this summer? What are you planning on reading this fall? What would you recommend?
Summer is officially over and it was great! I had so much fun relaxing and now I’m ready to head back to school. Way back in April I posted my Summer Bucket List for this year and now it’s time to revisit my list. :)
Hey everyone! If you’ve been around my blog lately, you might have noticed that I haven’t posted for two weeks… That’s because I’ve been traveling but now I’m back! And I’m ready to tell you all about it.
I spent the last 13 days in sunny Florida with my family. It was beautiful. It was relaxing. It was hot. Very hot. But that’s nothing a dip in the pool can’t cure! :) Continue reading
Summer isn’t complete without sweets! Here are five refreshing treats that are on my “To-Bake” list.
- Strawberries and Cream Bars – What could be better than strawberries and whipped cream? These bars are perfect for the summer.
- Watermelon Popsicles – When I think about summer, watermelon and popsicles come to mind so why not have both?
- Jello Sherbet Ice Cream – Kid-approved, this recipe comes with instructions for both with and without an ice-cream maker.
- Chico-Tacos – This creation is perfect for summer parties, family-game-nights, or just everyday. Bonus for using extra sprinkles.
- Raspberry Lemonade Slushie – I love having lemonade slushies on hot summer days! Definitely trying this sometime!
What are some of your favorite treats for the summer? Let me know! I’d love to hear from you and try some new recipes!
*Please note: The pictures on this blog post are not mine. They belong to their original owners. Thank you.*
Hey everyone! I was nominated by Amber from What Makes Me Amber for the Sunshine Award. Go check out here post here.
- Thank & link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions asked by them.
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Give your nominees 11 new questions to answer.
- When you aren’t blogging, you are… doing homework, reading, or playing piano.
- Where do you find inspiration for your blog posts?
I try to blog about things that I would want to read myself. Sometimes I get my ideas from other bloggers or friends.
- If you were to move far away from where you currently live, what are some things you’d miss?
Well, I would miss my family and friends. I would also miss the wonderful weather and all of the restaurants around my neighborhood. I would miss the birds chirping outside of my window every morning and the friendliness of my neighbors. There’s so much to love!
- Do you have any plans for the summer?
Yes, I’m volunteering at my church’s VBS and then hopefully getting a job somewhere. :) I’ll be traveling a bit with my family so that’ll be fun too. I also have a Summer Bucket list that I want to complete (which you can find here).
- When you were a kid, what did you aspire to be?
When I was younger, I really wanted to be a teacher. I had amazing teachers in elementary school (I still have great teachers) and they inspired me to be that teacher for other students.
- What is your drink of choice when you’re at a restaurant?
I typically go with water or ice tea. Sometimes I’ll have a Coke. It depends on what I’m having and where I am.
- Do you speak any other languages?
I speak a bit of French, Spanish, and Dutch. I’m still learning but hopefully I’ll be able to speak one of those languages fluently.
- What is your favorite cuisine to cook and/or eat?
My mom’s cooking! Haha but I guess my favorite would be Mexican food. Yum! :)
- Are you a reader? If so, what is your favorite book?
I would definitely consider myself a reader. My absolute favorite book is the first from the Gallagher Girl Series by Ally Carter but I also love Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
- What is something fun that you’ve done recently?
Today I went out with my mom to Panera Bread and had lunch. That was pretty fun! And then I came home and had a dance party :D
- What do you do/where do you go to relax?
When I want to relax, I either play piano or bake.
- Thoughts From A Christian Cowgirl
- Hannah From Country Unlimited
- GeorgieGirl From Georgie Grl
- Sam and Kelly From Coffee And Twigs
- Ally from Ally!
- Jess from A Mess of Jess
- James From Just Another James
- You’re Not Alone In This World
- Shreya From Pastel Orchid
- Kate From Teen Girl Meets World
- Kelly From My Name Is Not Katie
My Questions For You:
- If you could do anything right now, what would you be doing?
- If you could be any animal, what animal would you be?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your favorite day of the year?
- What is one book that you would recommend to others?
- Coffee or Tea?
- If you could only travel by sea or by air, which would you pick?
- What type of music do you listen to the most?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- Do you have any plans for the summer?
Thanks again to Amber for nominating me! Good luck to all of those nominated. Have fun! :)
Summer is just around the corner! 32 more school days for me. With summer break coming up so fast, I want to start planning so I don’t end up sitting around all summer, haha :) Here are some of the things on my Summer Bucket List.
- Have a picnic
- Make ice cream
- Finish a project
- Start a bullet journal
- Host a guest post
- Visit downtown to take pictures
- Finish 25 crafts from Pinterest
- Work on Blog Surprise!
- Finish sewing project
- Try stand up paddle boarding
- Go camping
- Write a song
What are you going to do this summer? Let me know in the comments, I’d love to hear from you! :)