Hey, everyone! Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Have you started making your shopping list? I’ve been planning with my family and I’m really excited to spend the holiday with all of my relatives. I always look forward to Thanksgiving day. Speaking of Thanksgiving, there are so many things to be thankful for! Here are 30 Things I’m Thankful For.
- God who has saved me despite the many times I’ve failed.
- My family who drives me crazy but I still love them.
- Friends who are open and accepting no matter what. The ones who encourage me to be my best every day and help me back up when I fall.
- Teachers who work with me to help me get better.
- Pastors who will sit with me and walk me through things I may not understand.
- Sunday School Leaders who have prayed for me and my family week after week.
- Military Families and others who work to keep our country safe.
- The changing of the seasons and the beauty that comes with each one.
- Vacations and the chance to have a break from the business of life.
- Flowers which always cheer me up.
- Surprise snail mail from family and friends.
- Heaters to keep my home warm.
- Socks to keep my feet warm (and for sliding around the floors).
- Education and the opportunity to learn.
- The wonderful food that my mom makes for me every day!
- Cameras and the chance to capture memories in a photo.
- Dishwashers! Because who wants to wash all of those pots?
- Sunday afternoons full of rest and reading.
- Little handwritten notes left in my lunchbox.
- Happy moments with family and friends.
- Clear nights full of stars and wonder.
- The experiences, both good and bad, that have helped me grow into who I am today.
- Failures that have helped me learn from my mistakes and encouraged me to do better.
- Technology that allows me to communicate with my family all across the world.
- Comfortable beds to sleep in!
- Family traditions and the memories that come with them.
- Books that come with great adventures!
- The authors who have inspired me to write.
- The many people who love me and pray for me.
- All of you who take the time to read my posts! Thank you so much!
What things are you thankful for? What are you looking forward to the most this Thanksgiving? I hope you have a great week!
Hey, everyone! Are you excited for Thanksgiving? I can’t wait to spend the day with my family. :) I love Thanksgiving. I love spending the day thinking out all of my blessings. There is so much in this world to be thankful for.
A loving God who saved me when I didn’t deserve it • Wonderful friends • A loving family • Holidays • Free days • School • Great weather • Writing buddies • Music • Memories • Lessons learned • Yummy food • Amazing books • My church family • The little things in life • Vacations • Opportunities • Beautiful flowers • Season Changing • Photography • Art • Heat in the Winter • Air conditioning in the Summer • A warm home • Adorable pets • Tea and Hot Cocoa • Answered prayers • Caring teachers • Healing • All of you who take the time to read my blog every day! Thank you!
I will be taking a blogging break for a bit but I’ll be back in a week or so. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, safe travels, and a great vacation.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. ~ Colossians 3:15
Do you ever just stop and think of all the people who love you? Not like “I know them so it counts” love. I’m talking about the “I will drop anything and everything to come help you” type of love. Maybe your list would start like:
And… That’s it. And then you start to think and you come up with a few more.
And then you’re like “Oh yeah!” And you add 20 more people.
- Family friends
- Sunday School leader
And then you’re like “Wow! That’s a lot!” But there are tons of more people who love you, people you don’t even know or have never met but they are praying for you and they love you! That’s a lot of love! It can’t get better than this, can it? Yes, it can! God loves you. How much? Like, a lot. More than everyone you know could ever love you all put together!
Psalm 36:5 says that God’s love is steadfast and extends to the heavens. That’s REALLY far which means that God loves you a lot! I am so happy that we can go to God for everything and anything, knowing that He loves us and will always be there for us! It’s just one of the many things that I’m thankful for. :)
Let me know what you are most thankful for and don’t forget to follow! :)
Is it just me or is Christmas getting earlier and earlier each year? I went to the mall today and they already have Christmas decorations! I also noticed that many people have put up their Christmas trees! Remember the times when people didn’t start putting out the Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving? Pretty soon there will be Christmas decorations up all year! (Okay, maybe that’s a little exaggerated.)
I always look forward to November. My favorite part of November is Thanksgiving and Family. It’s a great time to be thankful for all we have.
My challenge for you this month is to think about all you have that you would normally take for granted and be thankful for those things.
What are you looking forward to most in November? Let me know in the comments below.