Dear Freshman Year of College,
College. The best four years of my life. Or so I was told.
They were right in a way. If this past year has been a testament to what is to come then there are many many great things in store for my college adventure.
What I wasn’t told was how fast the years would go.
I’ve only finished one of the four years of college and yet those two semesters have flown by. If I didn’t pay attention, I would have missed it.
My first semester was crazy with settling in and figuring out a routine. But it was fun and welcoming as I learned to call this new school home. And home it really became with new friends and great mentors. Suddenly I didn’t need to focus on anyone else’s growth. Here I could be free, be me, and take the time I needed to grow and explore the world and new opportunities.
My second semester was a little bit harder. I missed my family like crazy but I learned to let go and trust God’s plans. This semester provided many opportunities to grow in faith and trust and it gave me many opportunities to step back and remember that I’m not in control.
It’s been a week now since I’ve closed my textbooks and turned in my final exam. Every day since then I’ve reflected over the many blessings that one school year gave me and I’ve missed those times. I’ve also realized how much I’ve grown in faith, in confidence, and in heath as I learned to navigate a new world where decisions became mine and mine alone. There were times when I didn’t want to change, to move, to leave the comforts of wherever I was in that moment, but I learned that change is good, change is natural, and when I surrender those moments to God, change can be such a blessing.
One year, one-fourth of my college career has come and gone. But the memories and the many lessons will forever be remembered. I am so grateful for this time and I so look forward to the next three years. May I always remember to trust God, to remember the little moments, and to not waste the precious time that I have.
Hey, everyone! Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Have you started making your shopping list? I’ve been planning with my family and I’m really excited to spend the holiday with all of my relatives. I always look forward to Thanksgiving day. Speaking of Thanksgiving, there are so many things to be thankful for! Here are 30 Things I’m Thankful For.
- God who has saved me despite the many times I’ve failed.
- My family who drives me crazy but I still love them.
- Friends who are open and accepting no matter what. The ones who encourage me to be my best every day and help me back up when I fall.
- Teachers who work with me to help me get better.
- Pastors who will sit with me and walk me through things I may not understand.
- Sunday School Leaders who have prayed for me and my family week after week.
- Military Families and others who work to keep our country safe.
- The changing of the seasons and the beauty that comes with each one.
- Vacations and the chance to have a break from the business of life.
- Flowers which always cheer me up.
- Surprise snail mail from family and friends.
- Heaters to keep my home warm.
- Socks to keep my feet warm (and for sliding around the floors).
- Education and the opportunity to learn.
- The wonderful food that my mom makes for me every day!
- Cameras and the chance to capture memories in a photo.
- Dishwashers! Because who wants to wash all of those pots?
- Sunday afternoons full of rest and reading.
- Little handwritten notes left in my lunchbox.
- Happy moments with family and friends.
- Clear nights full of stars and wonder.
- The experiences, both good and bad, that have helped me grow into who I am today.
- Failures that have helped me learn from my mistakes and encouraged me to do better.
- Technology that allows me to communicate with my family all across the world.
- Comfortable beds to sleep in!
- Family traditions and the memories that come with them.
- Books that come with great adventures!
- The authors who have inspired me to write.
- The many people who love me and pray for me.
- All of you who take the time to read my posts! Thank you so much!
What things are you thankful for? What are you looking forward to the most this Thanksgiving? I hope you have a great week!
Hey, everyone! Are you excited for Thanksgiving? I can’t wait to spend the day with my family. :) I love Thanksgiving. I love spending the day thinking out all of my blessings. There is so much in this world to be thankful for.
A loving God who saved me when I didn’t deserve it • Wonderful friends • A loving family • Holidays • Free days • School • Great weather • Writing buddies • Music • Memories • Lessons learned • Yummy food • Amazing books • My church family • The little things in life • Vacations • Opportunities • Beautiful flowers • Season Changing • Photography • Art • Heat in the Winter • Air conditioning in the Summer • A warm home • Adorable pets • Tea and Hot Cocoa • Answered prayers • Caring teachers • Healing • All of you who take the time to read my blog every day! Thank you!
I will be taking a blogging break for a bit but I’ll be back in a week or so. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, safe travels, and a great vacation.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. ~ Colossians 3:15
Hey everyone! So I just got this little notification…
100 followers! What?! I, honestly, never thought this day would come. I would like to thank each and every one of you who follow my blog. I know it has been said so many times but, you’ve all inspired me to keep writing.
In honor of this amazing moment, I’m hosting a giveaway!
What I’m Giving Away
There will be two winners. One will receive the “Ideas Become Things” journal and the other winner will receive the “Live Every Moment” journal. Each journal comes with two Uniball Gel Pen.
The giveaway will be open now until Friday, May 20, 2016.
To enter, click this link here.
Thanks again to all of you! I’m so excited to see who wins! Good luck!
Do you ever just stop and think of all the people who love you? Not like “I know them so it counts” love. I’m talking about the “I will drop anything and everything to come help you” type of love. Maybe your list would start like:
And… That’s it. And then you start to think and you come up with a few more.
And then you’re like “Oh yeah!” And you add 20 more people.
- Family friends
- Sunday School leader
And then you’re like “Wow! That’s a lot!” But there are tons of more people who love you, people you don’t even know or have never met but they are praying for you and they love you! That’s a lot of love! It can’t get better than this, can it? Yes, it can! God loves you. How much? Like, a lot. More than everyone you know could ever love you all put together!
Psalm 36:5 says that God’s love is steadfast and extends to the heavens. That’s REALLY far which means that God loves you a lot! I am so happy that we can go to God for everything and anything, knowing that He loves us and will always be there for us! It’s just one of the many things that I’m thankful for. :)
Let me know what you are most thankful for and don’t forget to follow! :)