Hey, everyone! Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Have you started making your shopping list? I’ve been planning with my family and I’m really excited to spend the holiday with all of my relatives. I always look forward to Thanksgiving day. Speaking of Thanksgiving, there are so many things to be thankful for! Here are 30 Things I’m Thankful For.
- God who has saved me despite the many times I’ve failed.
- My family who drives me crazy but I still love them.
- Friends who are open and accepting no matter what. The ones who encourage me to be my best every day and help me back up when I fall.
- Teachers who work with me to help me get better.
- Pastors who will sit with me and walk me through things I may not understand.
- Sunday School Leaders who have prayed for me and my family week after week.
- Military Families and others who work to keep our country safe.
- The changing of the seasons and the beauty that comes with each one.
- Vacations and the chance to have a break from the business of life.
- Flowers which always cheer me up.
- Surprise snail mail from family and friends.
- Heaters to keep my home warm.
- Socks to keep my feet warm (and for sliding around the floors).
- Education and the opportunity to learn.
- The wonderful food that my mom makes for me every day!
- Cameras and the chance to capture memories in a photo.
- Dishwashers! Because who wants to wash all of those pots?
- Sunday afternoons full of rest and reading.
- Little handwritten notes left in my lunchbox.
- Happy moments with family and friends.
- Clear nights full of stars and wonder.
- The experiences, both good and bad, that have helped me grow into who I am today.
- Failures that have helped me learn from my mistakes and encouraged me to do better.
- Technology that allows me to communicate with my family all across the world.
- Comfortable beds to sleep in!
- Family traditions and the memories that come with them.
- Books that come with great adventures!
- The authors who have inspired me to write.
- The many people who love me and pray for me.
- All of you who take the time to read my posts! Thank you so much!
What things are you thankful for? What are you looking forward to the most this Thanksgiving? I hope you have a great week!
Hey, everyone! How are you? November flew by so quickly! But it’s December so that’s awesome! Anyway, here are some of the things I did this month and my favorite memories. :)
- Thanksgiving with the family – Thanksgiving was a couple of days ago and it was awesome! My family hosted Thanksgiving lunch/dinner. My sister baked four different desserts and my mom made a huge turkey so I have lots of lucnhes for the next week.
- Field Trip with my Photography class – This month I went on a field trip to uptown with my photography class. I had so much fun hanging out with all of my classmates and taking pictures around the city. (Here’s the post I wrote on it.)
- My writing club – I joined a writing club at my school earlier this year. I was really nervous because I don’t normally share my creative writing but the group was really kind about everything and encouraged me to continue writing.
- Hanging with my Acafam – This month I had a big acappella performance and it was awesome!
- Self Portrait project – My photography teacher challenged our class to a 21 day self portrait story. Every day we had to take a picture of ourselves that told a story of another person and how they had changed us, challenged us, taught us ect. It was really hard for me but it was a lot of fun.
- Christmas Tree Shopping! – Every year, the day after Thanksgiving, my whole family goes to by a Christmas tree and then we come home and decorate it all together. It’s one of the things that I look forward to every winter. But there was something about this year that made the special “tree-day” better than the past ones. :)
- Hobby Lobby – I stopped by Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago to pick up some things for the upcoming giveaway (!!!) and saw some really cute things! I need to go to craft stores more often.
- Ding Dong Merrily On High by Rend Collective (song)
- Jesus, Savior by Chris August (song)
- Psalm 1:1-3 – “Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither – whatever they do prospers.”
How was your November? What are you looking foward to this December? (Besides Christmas of course) I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Hey, everyone! Are you excited for Thanksgiving? I can’t wait to spend the day with my family. :) I love Thanksgiving. I love spending the day thinking out all of my blessings. There is so much in this world to be thankful for.
A loving God who saved me when I didn’t deserve it • Wonderful friends • A loving family • Holidays • Free days • School • Great weather • Writing buddies • Music • Memories • Lessons learned • Yummy food • Amazing books • My church family • The little things in life • Vacations • Opportunities • Beautiful flowers • Season Changing • Photography • Art • Heat in the Winter • Air conditioning in the Summer • A warm home • Adorable pets • Tea and Hot Cocoa • Answered prayers • Caring teachers • Healing • All of you who take the time to read my blog every day! Thank you!
I will be taking a blogging break for a bit but I’ll be back in a week or so. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, safe travels, and a great vacation.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. ~ Colossians 3:15
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I thought that this might be helpful: A quick and easy table display for when family comes over.
What you’ll need:
- Mini Pumpkins (you can also use leaves or anything else that is fall-like)
- Ribbon (We used brown ribbon on the bottom and a thinner, lighter brown on top)
- Candles (The ones pictures are electronic but real candles are always great! Just make sure nothing catches on fire.)
We placed three different sizes pumpkins on top of each other and made a “pumpkin man” for the centerpiece.
We placed candles between the pumpkins for a pattern and extra light.
Here’s the finished product. What do you think?
What are you going to do for Thanksgiving? What is your favorite part of the Holidays? Let me know in the comments below. :)
Is it just me or is Christmas getting earlier and earlier each year? I went to the mall today and they already have Christmas decorations! I also noticed that many people have put up their Christmas trees! Remember the times when people didn’t start putting out the Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving? Pretty soon there will be Christmas decorations up all year! (Okay, maybe that’s a little exaggerated.)
I always look forward to November. My favorite part of November is Thanksgiving and Family. It’s a great time to be thankful for all we have.
My challenge for you this month is to think about all you have that you would normally take for granted and be thankful for those things.
What are you looking forward to most in November? Let me know in the comments below.