Hey, everyone! Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Have you started making your shopping list? I’ve been planning with my family and I’m really excited to spend the holiday with all of my relatives. I always look forward to Thanksgiving day. Speaking of Thanksgiving, there are so many things to be thankful for! Here are 30 Things I’m Thankful For.
- God who has saved me despite the many times I’ve failed.
- My family who drives me crazy but I still love them.
- Friends who are open and accepting no matter what. The ones who encourage me to be my best every day and help me back up when I fall.
- Teachers who work with me to help me get better.
- Pastors who will sit with me and walk me through things I may not understand.
- Sunday School Leaders who have prayed for me and my family week after week.
- Military Families and others who work to keep our country safe.
- The changing of the seasons and the beauty that comes with each one.
- Vacations and the chance to have a break from the business of life.
- Flowers which always cheer me up.
- Surprise snail mail from family and friends.
- Heaters to keep my home warm.
- Socks to keep my feet warm (and for sliding around the floors).
- Education and the opportunity to learn.
- The wonderful food that my mom makes for me every day!
- Cameras and the chance to capture memories in a photo.
- Dishwashers! Because who wants to wash all of those pots?
- Sunday afternoons full of rest and reading.
- Little handwritten notes left in my lunchbox.
- Happy moments with family and friends.
- Clear nights full of stars and wonder.
- The experiences, both good and bad, that have helped me grow into who I am today.
- Failures that have helped me learn from my mistakes and encouraged me to do better.
- Technology that allows me to communicate with my family all across the world.
- Comfortable beds to sleep in!
- Family traditions and the memories that come with them.
- Books that come with great adventures!
- The authors who have inspired me to write.
- The many people who love me and pray for me.
- All of you who take the time to read my posts! Thank you so much!
What things are you thankful for? What are you looking forward to the most this Thanksgiving? I hope you have a great week!
“If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.”
“Come to me, all who are weary and burdered, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
In a world running faster than ever before, it is important to take the time to rest. This time away from the stress of the world is necessary to your health and gives your mind and body a break from running and deadlines. Full rest and peace can only come from God, but we must be willing to receive it. By taking the time to listen for God’s voice, we are opening ourselves up to His rest and peace. My challenge for you is this: make time to rest in Christ today.
A blank sheet of paper.
Oh, the possibilities
That lie within my mind.
I’m afraid to write
For once the ink is applied,
There is no going back.
So I think this poem needs a little bit of an explanation. I wrote this poem way back in June. I attempted to write letters to friends but never did because I didn’t know what to say, how to say it, or why I wanted to write them in the first place. This poem came out of the struggle of not being able to make up my mind. :) Anyway, that’s the story! Stay happy. :)
Hey, guys! Happy March! The weather outside is beautiful and I’m so ready for Spring Break! February was full of fun adventures and memories. I can’t believe it all went by so quickly!
February started off great with my birthday! I hosted a vision board party, hosting two things off of my goals list for this year. I had a lot of fun hanging out with my friends and family. Shout-out to my wonderful mother who created a huge meal of tiny sandwiches for my birthday lunch!
A couple days later, I went to watch the play from my high school! It was a lot of fun and I saw a bunch of people that I know (shout-out to M, A, M, L, and H).
On the 11th, I headed over to the park with my sister to walk around and take pictures. It was so beautiful outside and it seemed that everyone was out enjoying the weather! The light reflecting off the water took my breath away. Plus, there were so many dogs – an extra bonus! ;)
Valentines Day came and went without a mishap. My sisters and I made breakfast in bed for my mom and we each got a little bouquet of flowers from our dad. On the 16th, I spent the day writing letters and making cards for my friends and family. And the next day, I went to my first college visit – very exciting.
Then came the big mountain trip! We spent three days in the cool weather with rivers and plenty of trees to sit by. (I even made a video about it. Watch it here.) I ended up spending a lot of time writing which was really fun for me. It’s been a while since I’ve taken the time to let my dreams take shape in writing form. ;) Our short trip in the mountains was a fun one and I can’t wait to go back.
February closed with lots of flowers; flowers in my friends’ hair, flowers in vases, flowers outside, flowers everywhere! I love how such little things like flowers can brighten up the world. :)
I also tried to continue the Photo A Day Challenge this month but then I missed a day. Still, I was able to take some really pretty pictures. Here are some of my favorites. :)
Other Things I Loved
Beautiful right? How was your February? Is the weather getting warmer where you are?
I look around and take in the beautiful view. The waves crashing on the shore, sparkling in the last rays of sun. My family around the table, playing Scrabble with smiles all around. I love vacations. After being online all day, I love having family time without the constant reminder of all the things I have to do.
We all need to just take a break from life and spend time with the ones we love. For example, my grandparents came to town last week. They would much rather have me spend time with them than me spending time with my iPad which I could do any other day.
So here’s my challenge for today: Put down your phone, iPad tablet, computer, whatever and spend time with the people you love. We never know how long we have on this earth and we don’t want to regret all the opportunities we had but didn’t take.
“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is our faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV)