Hello, everyone! How are you? It’s been a while since my last life update so I thought I would share one today.
Things have been pretty busy until today. I just finished my third quarter of Senior Year and I’m not exactly sure what to do with that information. I’m excited to graduation coming up in a couple of months but I also know that I’m going to miss so many things from high school. I think, for now, I’m just going to take things one week at a time.
Speaking of, this next week is going to be full of really exciting things! On Monday, I have my final meeting before I head to… Peru! I’ll be gone for 10 days but I will come back with lots of pictures! I also have a Sign Language Club meeting on Monday which I’m very excited about! I’ve always found sign language to be interesting and I’m looking forward to being able to sign with some other people from my church and school.
The Awesome Blogger Award
I was nominated for this award by the lovely Lindsay from Linds4Dance. Thank you so much, Lindsay! Please be sure to check out her blog here and her version of the post here!
- Thank the person who nominated you!
- Include the reason behind the award!
- Include the banner in the post
- Tag it with #awesomebloggeraward
- Answer all the questions!
Nominate at least 5 other awesome blog buddies
Give your nominees 10 questions of their own!
Let your nominees know they’ve been nominated!
*I’m going to skip these but please feel free to accept your own nomination for this award!
The Reason Behind This Award
The Awesome Blogger award was originally created by Maggie @ Dreaming of Guatemala. This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. they have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. that is what truly defines an awesome blogger. ~coffeelovingbookoholic
- What’s your favorite quote? – “May the flowers remind us why the rain was so necessary.” – Xan Oku
- What’s your earliest childhood memory? – My earliest childhood memory was when I was around 3 or 4. I was in preschool and it was my birthday. I remember having pigtails with purple ribbons and having nap time. I was so excited about my birthday that I couldn’t go to sleep. :)
- If you could do anything in one day, what would you do? – I would probably wake up early, be productive, have lunch with some friends, and then spend the afternoon with my family. That would be a great day.
- Who in your life, do admire most? – My former Sunday School teacher is someone that I admire a lot. She is the happiest 70~ year-old I’ve ever met. Every time I see her, she is always excited and reminds me to be strong in my faith. She constantly prays for me and it means a lot. She hasn’t had the easiest life, but through everything, she has been praising God. That is how I want to be.
- Who is your favorite blogger and why? – Oh, my! Okay, my favorite blogger would have to be Madyson Grace. Her blog is full of meaningful posts that encourage us to remember the Truth.
- Markers or Colored Pencils? – Markers. 100%
- Chocolate or Hard candies? – Chocolate!
- Current favorite outfit? – I would have to go with my church outfit. It consists of this fit and flare burgundy dress from Altar’d State, a black cardigan, and flats. It’s really comfortable.
- What’s your greatest accomplishment? – Reaching my 3-year blogiversary!
- If you could go back in time, where would you go and why? – I would go back to the 1950s because I think that was an interesting time period. Also, it was during that decade that Disneyland opened!
Thanks so much for reading! I hope you have a great week! :)
Hey, everyone! Did you miss me? I am so so sorry that I haven’t posted! Life has been pretty crazy. But I’m back with a ton of new posts for you! First, I’ll catch you up on everything with a life update.
Travels and Adventures
At the end of June, my family and I took a trip to Europe for a couple of weeks to spend time with my grandparents and other family members. We spent a lot of time in Belgium and Holland but we also took a road trip to Germany to get a clock repaired. I had so much fun and met so many cool people. I am working on a travel journal to post soon so keep an eye out for that!
Surgery and Recovery
Monday morning, I woke up bright and early for the surgery on my arm. I was pretty nervous especially since during the nights leading up to the surgery I had nightmares. But, everything went well and I got to go home before lunch so it was fine! The rest of the day I spent sleeping.
On Tuesday, one of my best friends came over to visit me and cheer me up. She even attempted to clean my room for me which was actually really funny. Even so, she helped get my mind off of my arm and the hours I spent feeling useless.
Yesterday, my other best friend came over with her mom and her brothers. She also brought chocolate and flowers so it was a good day! ;) She helped to brighten up my day a bit and I am grateful for that.
Today, I can use my arm a bit more (enough to write some posts) and it doesn’t hurt. I’m planning on taking the rest of the week slow and careful. I am so glad that my arm is healing and that I will be able to use it normally again soon. This whole week has made me feel much more grateful for a healthy and functioning body.
So that’s my quick life update! I’ll be posting a Travel Journal from my Europe trip in a couple of days. Also, this is completely random but, I’m wondering what are your favorite brands for backpacks? Let me know in the comments below; it’ll help me a lot. :)
Hey, everyone! Are you excited for Thanksgiving? I can’t wait to spend the day with my family. :) I love Thanksgiving. I love spending the day thinking out all of my blessings. There is so much in this world to be thankful for.
A loving God who saved me when I didn’t deserve it • Wonderful friends • A loving family • Holidays • Free days • School • Great weather • Writing buddies • Music • Memories • Lessons learned • Yummy food • Amazing books • My church family • The little things in life • Vacations • Opportunities • Beautiful flowers • Season Changing • Photography • Art • Heat in the Winter • Air conditioning in the Summer • A warm home • Adorable pets • Tea and Hot Cocoa • Answered prayers • Caring teachers • Healing • All of you who take the time to read my blog every day! Thank you!
I will be taking a blogging break for a bit but I’ll be back in a week or so. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, safe travels, and a great vacation.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. ~ Colossians 3:15
Hey, everyone! This is just a quick note that I have changed my blog’s header! Also, check out my About page; I’ve updated it as well.
This was my old header.
And this is my new one!
That’s all! :) Thanks for reading! I hope you have a great rest of the day!
Hey everyone! I just wanted to make a quick update to let you guys know that the blog change is complete! I officially blog on Happily Abi.
Here’s what my blog looked like before:
And here’s what my blog looks like now:
I added a header, lightened the colors a bit, and changed the fonts slightly. I love how it looks now!
I’m so excited to continue this journey with you all!
Have a great day!